Monday, June 22, 2015

Kids Say....

Oh Ben.  He is full of cuteness and funny things.  He says the best things!  And his expressions...so good.  Trying to capture them in picture or movie just doesn't work.  But they are awesome.  He gets so wide eyed and excited and when he speaks with the excitement his voice is so high pitched and funny.  Awesome.

And Isaac too.  He cracks me up with what he says.  He too can express excitement really well.  It makes me wish I was could get that excited about the little things like they do.  I mean, I try to match their excitement and enjoy it with them, but it's not like it's as genuine as truly BEING that excited about something.  I learn a lot from these boys.

But, enough description, on to the anecdotes!

Ben has been starting many of his sentences with "actually."  "Actually mom, my like you."   "Actually, my have an idea.  My idea is go on a walk."  But the best part about it is how he says it.  Act-u-ally.

Sometimes when I ask Isaac to do something and he's slow to respond Ben will jump in with "my do it!"  And then he'll run off with a "Super Ben to the rescue!"  We hear "super Ben to the rescue often.  Not just when he's being helpful.  It's adorable.

I was telling the boys that when they grow up and move away I would probably just sit around all day and look at pictures of them as cute little kids and miss them.  Isaac told me "I'll have cute kids and you can take them."  I chuckled and asked if he'd miss them too much to let me have them.  He said "no, just for a visit."  It was super funny and adorable.  He also told me the other day that he was going to marry me again.  I kind of love that.

Isaac started saying "don't worry about it" when I would tell him no or other things.  I know he picked it up from me.  I tell him "don't worry about it, I'll take care of it" all the time.  Well, Ben has also started saying it.  And it really does sound so cute coming out of his mouth.  "Don't worry bout it."

Oh I love these little cuties!  They've been so cute playing together the past few days.  It's been a pleasant relief after the constant refereeing I've had to do the past few weeks.  Sheesh.  I'll appreciate this cycle before we hit the harder times again.  Cute kiddos.  I need to stop and appreciate them and spend time playing with them before this baby comes.

And speaking of which, we are down to 5 weeks to due date.  Holy moly...where did that go!  I'm pretty certain none of us are ready for the newborn fog to descend upon us.  But I am sure excited to meet this little girl.  I can't wait to hold her and snuggle her and do pink things and bows and flowers.  Ah...so fun!

No comments: