Thursday, September 8, 2016

New Mexico

We took the opportunity to extend our trip a little and visit some things in New Mexico.  We drove through the petrified national forest.  That was pretty cool.  Jacob has all those pictures on his phone so I'll have to get them some day.  We got to our hotel late and so we decided on the quickest, easiest dinner option possible, IHOP.  

Nora was getting a little restless towards the end of it all so she and I headed out to enjoy the nice evening. The sunset was beautiful.  I've always loved sunsets, and this photo doesn't do it justice.



Nora the explorer enjoyed peaking in the window.


The boys went swimming that night while I put Nora to bed.  And the next morning we went to a few museums in the area.  They were fun.  We saw planes.







And replicas of atomic bombs.


Pieces of the Berlin Wall.


Another A-Bomb replica


The delorian and flux capacitor (or at least a recreation of it all)



A funny board game.


We stopped for lunch at a retro diner on Route 66.





It was a delicious greasy spoon.

We took a quick stop for Nora to nap and the boys to swim again and then it was on to more museums.  This time it was a hands on children's science museum.




We went out to dinner that night and Panda Express and then the boys got to go swimming again while I put Nora for a nap.  

All in all it was a really fun trip.  I remember the peeing in the car, the sleepless hotel nights with a teething baby, and the many urgent roadside pit stops.  The boys remember all the fun.  It's good they do.  I hope it's a positive memory for them as they look back.  Isaac said he wanted to do the whole trip again "exactly the same" so I guess it was a win!  No, I know it was.  I remember all the good stuff too.  Love this family of mine.

No comments: