Saturday, May 13, 2017

To Utah We Go

As we were packing and preparing for moving we had beautiful weather.  We went to many parks and enjoyed playing in the yard.  We also had lots of times where we had to leave the house for showings, inspections and such where we spent time at our neighbors home, the toys store, hanging at the museum and such.  It was not my favorite time.  I didn't love having to keep the house super clean all the time and I really didn't love getting pushed out of my schedule and routine.  It was a stressful time for all.  And I'm not sure I handled it well.  Hopefully these cute kids didn't suffer too much.

This beautiful day we spent a little time blowing bubbles.






Isaac also took some pictures of our house.  I love this picture of them in front of the for sale sign.


We also got to spend a few hours with Shannon's family on President's Day.  We visited the Hammond's candy factory and went on a little walk along Dinosaur ridge.  I'm glad to have seen her before moving on.  It's also nice to be close enough that they come visit in Utah and we can go visit too.





And here we are, late at night, all packed up and ready to load the truck the next morning.  Such late nights while moving!


And then when the truck was all loaded what fun it is to play with straps on the ramp.  These boys!  So fun.





And right before pulling out we had Grace, our friend and neighbor, take a photo of us in front of the house we were leaving.  I'm not going to lie, Jacob and I cried a bit as we were walking through the empty house and thinking of our entire married life in that house and bringing our babies home to that house.  So many good years and memories there.  I'll always love it.  Jacob wrote a farewell message on the garage wall.  Something like "2009-2017 the Brunson family made many good memories here."


And then we were on our way to a new adventure.  

The drive to Utah was long.  The kids did pretty well.  The roads looked sketchy through Wyoming so we went I70 instead.  It was much more pretty and pretty clear roads until we hit night time and Utah from Price canyon to Spanish Fork.  It was super bad and we had to drive super slow and Nora was crying the whole time.  Oh boy.  But we kept telling ourselves we didn't have to do the drive again!  Once we got to Utah we were home.  Strange.  

1 comment:

Amber said...

I was catching up my pathetic blog and checked yours out. Your back in Utah?! Congrats! Hope things are well for you.