Saturday, May 22, 2010

For the Love of...

Cooking!

I find that I'm getting back into cooking (and eating) again. I really like to try new recipes and sometimes I'm brave enough to make up my own. Sometimes they go really well, sometimes not so much. I think Jacob prefers when I follow a recipe.

And tonight I did. It was delicious! A friend of mine had linked to this blog for a different recipe (which I also intend on trying) but for now I made this one. I had more veggies and less orzo than the actual recipe and it still turned out great. I also used the low fat cream cheese and found it to be just fine. Yummy!

Jacob liked it too. But he picked out all the mushrooms 'cuz that's how he rolls.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Glad you're feeling better! I just found that blog too! I'm going to try the tikka masala tomorrow. Your orzo sounds yummy. My made up orzo and Italian sausage didn't go over well. haha.

Dennis Carter said...

Sandy,

We don't recall attending any classes but I do know we were coached on the breathing, etc. According to Mom none of that makes much difference anyway.

Dad

Barbara said...

Those look interesting. Glad you're enjoying cooking and eating again.

MaryAnn said...

Food is good. Maybe my love of food is what is keeping me from loosing this baby weight. If I didn't eat so much...

Kelli said...

Mmm...mushrooms. Must be a crazy husband you have there. Wait, mine doesn't like them either. Crazy men.

Unknown said...

Glad that you are feeling better, now you can come over for dinner, and enjoy it!