Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ready for Random?

This is going to be a very random read. I've been taking pictures of things and not blogging so now is the time to catch up.

First up. Jacob and I made cards for Mother's Day. It was funny to see how much of a disaster the living room was after only making 4 cards. (The other two were for a birthday and Jacob's sister on a mission). When I initially thought about posting this I was going to ask you to guess which ones Jacob made and which ones I made but now they are sent and the guessing would be too easy. So I'll just tell you. Jacob made the birthday card and the yellow and blue flowered card. I made the other two. And it was a good time.


Also, do you love the vacuum in the middle of the floor? It was there for days. I'm a little ashamed to point out how lazy I've been lately. At least I vacuumed :)


We also expanded our garden this year. And when I say we, I really just mean Jacob. We've actually planted already but I haven't taken any pictures of that. While Jacob was busy toiling away, I had a camp chair pulled out and was sitting there watching him work. Actually I was preparing my lesson for Beehives, but was less active in the garden expansion just the same.



We got a meat grinder attachment for our kitchen aid as a wedding present. Jacob wanted it. I thought it was something that we would never use. But I can't get in the way of Jacob and his gadgets/tools/toys. At least not sometimes. And we have used it a couple of times. These pictures are gross. But I thought they would be funny to send to Jacob's sister. She'll get a kick out of it. I stayed away from the meat grinding myself. Ewww....

It's chicken in case you are wondering. I have some new recipes that call for ground chicken and Jacob found some cheap chicken thighs while we were grocery shopping. So, now I'm set. And again, ewww!


Yep, random.

10 comments:

Kelli said...

Gross, meat grinding. Eww. Those are really cute cards! Way to go! And don't worry, my vacuum sometimes sits out for a couple weeks before I really get to it. Don't tell anyone that though. :)

Jason&Shannon said...

Yeah, I don't think I will want the meat grinder any time soon. Too messy, maybe when Jason retires he will like that job. Fun times making cards together.

Unknown said...

Your cards turned out nice - I am always surprised at how much mess I can make making something so little and simple.

And I agree with you- the meat grinder - eeww!

MaryAnn said...

Love the cards, the meat grinding is pretty yucky and that was super random. Good to hear from you!

Strupp Family said...

That meat does look gross! Still, a great investment none the less. Thanks for doing that form for me. I'm sending it to you today. Also, Jenni Wilson commented on my blog that she got from you--I don't suppose you would mind commenting on hers and making me a "reader"--seeing as how she's private. Darn private blogs :) thanks, it's been forever since I've talked to her.

Mary Ann said...

I love your randomness. And I love the cards. But I hate the meat grinding. Super nasty! And I'm not just saying that 'cause I'm pregnant. It would definitely be a job for Scott.

scott said...

I could get behind having a meat grinder, there are so many meats out there that need grinding!

Lynda/Mom said...

I'm in favor of the meat grinder; at least you know what you're getting when you do it yourself! Has it been warm enough there to do a garden? For the first time this year I am prepared to plant in Summit, and it is so, so cold nothing will grow and everything freezes. I'm a little discouraged, to say the least. No fruit except a handful of cherries; no spring! Aunt Lynda

jacob said...

I like to think of the meat grinder like this: Each piece of chicken was carefully trimmed and inspected before being ground. I'm not sure you would get such careful selection if buying ground chicken (or any other ground meat) from the store.

Amber said...

I have to say I am kind of jealous. I would like to be totally sure of what is in my ham/turkey burger.