Thursday, November 3, 2011

Trick Or Treat

For Halloween this year we went to Sarah and Kevin's and had dinner. We made chili and Sarah made corn bread. She also made some fantastic caramel corn. Yum!!
Sadly, Isaac was in a bit of a fussy mood for some reason. He wouldn't eat his dinner and then cried while we went to three or four houses for trick or treating. But, at least he looked cute doing it. He did start to cheer up towards the end and even seemed to understand the concept of knocking on the door and then getting candy. I think by next year he'll be a pro. Maxwell was also pretty adorable in his pumpkin costume.






We grew pumpkins in our garden this year. They are supposed to be the smaller, sweeter variety. I hope that is the case. I still need to chop them up and cook 'em. I think I may even try and roast up the seeds. I usually don't think that is worth the effort but it sounds really good to me right now. We'll see what happens.

But, I didn't want to go to the effort of carving pumpkins so we used sharpies instead. Isaac even drew a little on his pumpkin.



Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Emily said...

Love his costume!! Next year he'll be able to get enough candy for the family. :)

Sarah and AJ said...

I'm totally impressed that he got it at all! This is the first year that Walter did. So cute.

MaryAnn said...

Looks like a fun Halloween!

Unknown said...

I love how cute and cozy little kid costumes can be. I should just find one of those for myself next year. Cute! Glad you had a good time. :)

Mary Ann said...

What cute little trick-or-treaters! I love that you have flip flops on with snow still on the houses in the background. Did you end up roasting the seeds? I hope so. Yum!

Kelli said...

You've got one cute little monster, there!