Saturday, November 12, 2011

Turkey Shirt

There's been some crafting going on around here. Not a lot. And certainly not many finished projects.

But, this little number turned out pretty stinkin' cute, if I do say so myself.


I found some turkey clip art online and then cut out the turkey body, feathers and beak. I then ironed them on to the shirt with some fusible web and rough edge appliqued then on my sewing machine. After that I added some eyes and legs with embroidery floss.
I like it. So much so that I think Isaac will be wearing as often as it is clean the rest of November.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

MaryAnn said...

That is one of the fun things about a child that age - they do not care what they are wearing. Enjoy it! And I love the turkey shirt.

Barbara said...

That is definitely cute, and very clever!!

Emily said...

Love it!!

Jason&Shannon said...

Love it, and I would wear it at my age! Go my crafty sister, go! Maybe that is what you need to make my kids for Christmas, appliqued shirts, or birthday or whenver. Just make it a sports team logo for Jeremiah and something girlie for the rest. Or give them an early Christmas gift and make shirts for Christmas. Whatever, we aren't too picky. Hint Hint.

Mary Ann said...

Very cute shirt! And super cute boy wearing the shirt!

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Man, I have a ton of friends that are making those turkey shirts....they sure are cute.