Friday, April 25, 2014

Easter

We had a really nice Easter Sunday.  The boys had to get baths before they could hunt for eggs.  We weren't able to get them done the night before due to a huge tantrum thrown by Isaac.  He was happy as could be the next morning so hunting for eggs we go.



Ben was a little confused at first.  He loved his basket but it took Jacob helping him with a few eggs before he got it.  And then he couldn't be stopped.  He loved finding the eggs.  I guess the only thing that slowed him down was when he saw Isaac open on and realized there was candy in the eggs.  Then, the contents became much more important.





Isaac was excited from the get go.  Before the bath I found him downstairs running around looking at all the eggs but telling me, "I haven't touched any of them."  Awesome.  He was also really nice about helping Ben get a few eggs and sharing the hunting.  I was proud of him.





With their baskets full of goodness.  So happy.


Then, before leaving for church, I made everyone pause for pictures.  I bought the boys some tan pants and these green ties for Easter Sunday.  The ties were at the dollar spot at Target and the pants were from the used kid store.  I guess I couldn't really justify new church clothes when they weren't really needed.  I think they are cute though.  And Isaac really probably did need new pants.

As always, getting pictures of these two at the same time is funny.




And that is the best it gets.  Cuties.

Now some with Mom.


Isaac was totally eating a robin egg.  Yeah, that's how we roll.



And some with Dad.  And now the boys are actually wearing shoes too.



Church that day was a little bit of a joke.  We are in kind of a hard place when it comes to Sacrament meeting.  We have it at the end of the block and the boys are just spent.  I didn't know if I should laugh or cry when we were just 10 minutes into the meeting, the opening prayer, and a bag of gold fish crackers was launched by Ben into the man behind us, Isaac was squirming and making noise (I can't remember if he was singing or just talking loudly), and it felt like our little row was in full blown chaos already.  Ridiculous.  Needless to say, things were rough.  We were in the lobby a lot.  Every time one of us leaves with Isaac Ben cries because he feels he's being left behind.  So the whole family ends up in the lobby.  Ugh.  I can tell you that our choir did a great job.  Aside from that I can't remember much from the speakers.  So it goes.

We were invited to dinner at the Joyals.  They are in the ward and live down the street from us.  They have three kids, the youngest the same age as Isaac.  I really enjoy their family and appreciated the invitation.  It was a fun night.  The food was good and so was the company.

All in all it was a good day.  Hopefully more of the meaning of Easter has sunk in with Isaac.  I know I am extremely grateful for the resurrection of our Savior and the chance I have to live with my family forever.  What a blessing!

3 comments:

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

I love their outfits and the whole look of those pictures. Just truly cute. And I LOVE your outfit. So stylish and lovely. I'm glad you had a good day and that you feel the blessings of forever families (just not forever at this particular stage during Sacrament Meeting, right?) Happy Easter!

MaryAnn said...

Love the matching Easter outfits. Looks like you guys had a good Easter!

D. said...

I really love your outfit! Your boys are cute too. I can't imagine sacrament at the end of the block. It's hard enough to make it through the hour as it is!