Monday, June 9, 2014

Our Finished Swingset - Or At Least Mostly Finished

Remember how we were working on getting this swing set ready for our boys to play safely.  Well, that day arrived.  On one of the really warm days I did the second coat of stain during Ben's nap.  It went on fast and dried even faster.

So that night Jacob and I put it together.  We started after Jacob was done with scouts and it got dark on us pretty quickly.  I was anxious to get it together.  It worked out in the end.  We may have gotten a few mosquito bites...but the next day watching the boys enjoy it was totally worth it.  They were so excited!  Isaac couldn't stop smiling.














I think we've decided to add a couple more support beams on the main structure with the slide.  It's still a little shaky.  I think the area around the bolts just can't support it any more.  I've tightened the bolts but it seems that they don't stay tightened.  A few more boards should sure it up though.  We'll deal with it after our trip to Oregon.  For now I feel it's safe enough for the boys.




And they sure have been enjoying it.  I've also been enjoying it.  It's nice to send Isaac out back and have him play right where I can see him.  He's also not moving rocks from where they should be and that is also appreciated.  We hope to get lots of use out of it.



3 comments:

D. said...

That looks great! I would love something like that in such a convenient location, although I think Brinton is still too young to be sending out on his own. Glad your boys are loving it!

MaryAnn said...

Looks good! Nice to have grass in your backyard so you can put something like that up - maybe someday...

Jason&Shannon said...

So fun! Your boys are the perfect age for it too!