Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Life After Vacation

Believe it or not, we did do other things this July, and this summer, besides a trip to Oregon.

The day after we got home Shannon and her family stopped to stay a night on their way back to their home.  I hadn't seen them for several years, never made it Germany to visit, so it was really good to see them.  My word her kids have grown.  I guess mine have too!  They had never met Ben after all.  And Isaac was Ben's age the last time we were all together.




I just wish we had longer to visit.  It was a short visit, but a good one.




I hope to make it out to Ohio to visit them sometime soon.


I've been feeling hot ever since coming back from Oregon.  It's actually been a pretty mild summer here.  We did come home to some pretty bad hail damage on our home.  We're getting a new roof, paint, couple of window, the works.  Not looking forward to that starting up.  But I will like the finished product I'm sure.  Anyway, we've been spending time at the park and the boys especially love when I take them to the splash pads.  Ben is normally really into the water but for some reason he wasn't into it nearly as much this day.



And I've been wanting to get some good pictures of him in the water and all I could really get was him running out of it.  Oh well, another time.





Cute boys enjoying their snacks.



And cute Riley who wouldn't get in the picture with the boys at all.  She's pretty adorable though.



Shannon left behind this backpack with wheels for Isaac.  He loves it and quickly turned it into a riding toy for Ben.  He would pull him around on this thing and Ben would laugh and smile the whole way.



Isaac thought he was pretty awesome wearing this apron to help me cook one Sunday.  He was dancing around in it.  I loved it.


I had an appointment I needed to go to and Jacob came home early to take care of the kids while I did that.  He said Isaac was entertained the whole time with making this cheerio necklace.  I don't know why I haven't thought of that before.  I love that Jacob is such a good dad.  He does good things for these boys.


Oh Ben...he is into mischief all the time.  Climbing tables, dumping toys, coloring on things, total toddler mischief.  And I adore him.  I just look at his little face and hope I never forget what he was like at this age.  Such a cute little stinker.


Aw, matchy matchy boys.  I don't do that often but these cute shirts were on clearance at Target.  So I bought this set and another and they are cute matchy matchy boys.



We took the boys out for frozen yogurt recently.  They loved it.  It was a fun family date night.



Isaac was far more clean than Ben, but still plenty messy.

I'll have to upload the rest of the photos to finish this catch up of mine.

No comments: