Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Just Venting

Some weeks I feel like I am on top of the parenting game and things are going really well, and then there are weeks like this one and the past one...and many, many, more....where I'm pretty sure I can't do anything right and I'm failing motherhood.

I sort of want to rip my hair out and cry.  Well, let's be honest, I've already cried.

This oldest son of mine is such a challenge for me.  He is still peeing in his pants, regularly.  He hits his brother, regularly.  He has taken up spitting.  Can a nearly 4 year old know how to lie?  Because I'm pretty sure mine does.  He doesn't obey.  He threw an alarming large tantrum Monday night. Wow...out of control!

I resort to counting and threatening and sometimes things get really ugly, like today, and I yell and grab with more force than is necessary or kind.  I hate that.  I feel horrible every time I do it.  It doesn't change his behavior or help the situation.  Aghh!!

Any advice from your wise women?  Any help on me not losing it?  Is it just a stage or phase or is my child really messed up?  Should I be seeking therapy for he (and I)?  Blah.....

Hopefully this week ends soon.  I need a break.

2 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

No words of advice...just hang in there and know this stage shall pass. 4 is hard!!!! (So is 14, but there are some years in between that seem to be a little easier!). Love you, you try and try and keep trying the next day to be that mom that probably doesn't exist... that is all that really matters.

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

That age with my oldest was definitely hard for me. What you wrote sounds so familiar. The best thing it did for me was to help me decide to pray more deeply, because I felt so desperate and mad and guilty and humbled. There's just a lot of emotions to go through, and I do hope you get a break or see little bits of progress through it all. Love you, Sandy.