Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Labor Day Walk

Labor Day for us this year was partially spent laboring...especially for Jacob.  Our sprinklers were broken and he spent a good chunk of the afternoon working on those darn pipes.  He's fixed the original problem but discovered another leak in the process.  Isn't that how these kinds of projects go? 

But, before we got to work we took the boys on a little walk through one of the natural areas close to Jacob's work.  It's a great little trail with ponds and wetlands and lots of aspen trees.  


I love these two pictures of Isaac running.  The look on his face is super funny to me.  Also, his shorts are on backwards and he's wearing a long sleeved shirt.  That's pretty funny to me too.




For the record, I love Colorado skies.  Almost as much as Utah sunsets.








Shortly after telling Isaac to stay out of the mud I turned around to find this.  Flip flops off, muddy feet, and then he was refusing to put the shoes back on because it "felt yucky."  Silly kid.




And after the muddy adventure we turned the corner to find Jacob and Benjamin hiding from us.  Ben loves a good game of hide and seek.  He also still enjoys peek-a-boo so he thought this was a great adventure.



He also really dug picking some berries off a bush.





I love these pictures with my boys.  Super cute.




Ben giggles every time he is close to leaves on a tree.  He loves it.



We also explored the water...


and potato bugs.



And that was the look on Ben's face when it was time to go.  Such a cute little stinker!

We also enjoyed a short visit from Uncle Jim and Spencer and family.  Spencer and his cute family had come from New York and stopped on their way to his parent's house from the airport.  I haven't seen Spencer in a long time.  It was a good, but short visit.  I don't blame them.  Their flight had been delayed several hours and I'm sure they were ready to be settling in at Uncle Jim and Aunt Carol's home.  But some how in visiting and getting them dinner I failed to take any pictures.  I'm bummed about that.  Isaac loved playing with Spencer's little Silas.  Ben loved playing with Spencer's 9 month old baby.  It was adorable.

All in all, it was a good long weekend at the Brunson house.

No comments: