Monday, March 30, 2015

2 year old cuteness

Guys, Ben is so stinking cute right now.  I can't hardly stand it.  I just want to grab his little cheeks and constantly be kissing him.  He says the funniest things and has the best facial expressions.  I'm not even sure I can accurately describe his cuteness, but I'm going to try.

Sometimes at bedtime Ben wants lots of kisses.  He'll say "here" "here" "here" and point to each spot we are to kiss.  It's pretty funny and cute.  He'll laugh when he points some place silly like his ear or nose.  Then sometimes I'll blow a kiss from the doorway and he'll reach up and catch it with a big smile.  After I say love you Ben he often replies "love you Mom!"  I love that.

Ben is really getting into playing with Isaac.  It's both good and bad.  They have many little fights and squabbles but lots of adorable chasing and giggling too.  Typical sibling stuff but it makes me happy to see them becoming good playmates and friends.  When Isaac was recently sick and spent most of the day in his room Ben was so lonely for him.  He would go to Isaac's door and check on him now and then and say "get better, brother."  He also tried to comfort Isaac after Isaac had hit his head on the organ.  I was holding Isaac and Ben climbed up next to me on the chair.  I asked if he'd like to rub Isaac's back to help him feel better and he said "no, hold him."  I laughed and told Ben I thought his lap might be a little small for that.  He promptly spread his knees to make his lap a little bigger and said "bigger now."  So I let him hold Isaac and they both thought it was awesome.  So did I.

I was eating some nutella on a banana for a little snack and Ben came into the kitchen.  He quickly spotted the nutella and asked for some.  I asked what he would like to eat it on and he replied "my finger."  Yep, that's my boy.  I'll eat nutella on my finger, or spoon, or whatever.

Oh he's cute...and a little cranky and needy at times too.  I love him.

1 comment:

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

All such good stories! I'm glad you had a chance to record them. With all of the difficulties that come with trying to parent this age, there is something so pure underneath it all that is almost painfully lovable.