Thursday, March 19, 2015

Baby Girl?

Jacob and I went in for our 20 week ultrasound recently and things with baby number 3 are looking good and healthy.  I am very relieved about that.  I always am.  I often get myself into all kinds of a worried mess when I think of all the things that could go wrong in a pregnancy.  Thankfully we have been spared those challenges thus far.

We were also excited to find out if this baby is a girl or a boy.  I've gone both ways during the pregnancy, sometimes thinking it's a boy, sometimes a girl.  Turns out we get to keep guessing.  The baby was not terribly cooperative in showing off it's anatomy.  The ultrasound tech said if she had to guess she would guess that it's a girl but cautioned us against buying a bunch of pink without keeping receipts.

So, we might be having a girl.

I must admit I've started thinking and planning like it's a girl.  I hope we aren't all prepared to bring home a baby girl and end up with a boy.  I mean, I'm sure I'll love this baby either way, but I'd really like a girl.  I've bought some little girl outfits for bringing the baby home and all.  I don't have anything new for a baby boy.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.