Saturday, May 2, 2015

Dumping and Documenting

I'm going to dump a bunch of photos without much commentary.  So it goes these days, I guess.

But, we were having preschool at our house the other day and Ben was driving me to "king soopers" and "Sam's" with his little steering wheel he got from my parents for his birthday.  The other mom's thought it was so cute when I was telling them about Ben's driving patterns and told me I needed to make sure and write it down.  And they are right.  I'm needing to write down a few things about these fun boys of mine.

Ben always drives to "Sam's" (as in Sam's club) or "King Soopers" and it's almost always to buy "MacCheese," decidedly Ben's favorite meal.  This particular day of driving when I asked if he brought me a treat he said "no." And then quickly changed his mind and held out his finger for me to eat the "candy cane" he brought.  Adorable.

His new favorite word is "sure."  That doesn't sound all that fascinating, right?  But the way he says it makes it incredibly cute:  "Oh, yeah, shore."  Or sometimes just a straight up quick "shore" with a little 2 year old voice and trouble with the r.  I don't quite know how to describe it.  I guess I'll have to get it on video, or try, at least.

Isaac...Oh sweet Isaac.  We were walking down the block to see how our neighbor's yard sale was going and I made the boys hold my hand to cross the street.  Ben immediately wants to let go but Isaac kept holding on and said "Mom, I'm going to hold your hand for the rest of my life."  Fine by me Isaac, fine by me.  So much of what he says these days is over exaggerated "my whole life" is heard a lot.  I kind of love it.  Unless it's "You're ruining my whole life."  That kind of drama is a little less appreciated.

I do love these boys of mine.

And now...on to the pictures.


Oh these boys, so adorable and so mischievous.  Seriously, this was the 3rd time they'd totally emptied the linen closet.



Loving the spring rain!





Easter with Diana and her family visiting.



Conference cinnamon rolls.  Yum.  Somehow I was convinced to make 2 dozen rolls and we had all the Easter candy and dinner and dessert...we ate too much.



Hunting eggs.














Even Emma got an egg or two!




Love Brinton and Isaac.


Watching conference.


These are just funny.  Trying to get a picture with all four of these kids still proved to be impossible.  I guess my camera settings weren't right...




Isaac pushing Ben on the car.



Isaac has spent a lot of time pouring over this lego catalog and talking about which kits are his favorite and which fit into the Birthday budget and which he could buy with his money and just looking and longing.


Oh yeah, I'm pregnant.  Have we forgotten that.  This baby is growing, as evidenced by my growing belly.  Isaac told me every day my stomach is bigger.  These pictures were at 26 weeks or there abouts.



We've had a warm few days and I even let the kids play with water.  They were in heaven.


We also had our neighbor's daughter to play with while her mom and sister were at the ER.  A foot injury that proved to be nothing...thank goodness.  The boys call Lauren a baby and want to pick her up and carry her around and generally maul her.  She tolerates it fairly well.




More water the next day though the weather wasn't nearly as warm.  It all started with watering plants.  And that turned into playing in the hose.






These are Isaac's and Ben's flowers.



"My like it, getting myself wet."

He doesn't love it when Isaac is the one getting him wet.  Just to be clear.



No comments: