Monday, November 2, 2015

5 Years old

My little baby Isaac turned 5 recently.  How in the world did that happen?  Oh he is too much!  He is a ball of energy, he's so smart, and he sometimes slows down enough to be cuddly.  He is a character for sure.  He had everyone in stitches through the primary program.  He was singing his little heart out and, of course, knew all the words.  It was adorable.  The other day we were talking about how the kids all got their names and how Jacob and I had to compromise in deciding on names.  Isaac said something about "whatever my wife wants I'll like.  Whatever my woman wants, I want."  "My woman?"  Where did that come from!  So funny.  Jacob and I were laughing so hard.  I assured Isaac my job as a mother was done, clearly raised well already.  :)

I love this little stinker so much and I'm glad he had a great Birthday.


He loved his star wars hat (it's Darth Vadar)



He wore his "jersey" all day.  Go cougs!


He was relentless all day about wanting to open gifts.




He loved the lego set from Ben and Nora.




He got a tooth pillow from Brunson grandparents. The BYU hoodie was from my parents.



Nora was happy to turn 12 weeks old on Isaac's birthday.  Oh she is a dream.  Love everything about her...those cheeks!


This was the one disappointment in the day.  Isaac wanted a Lego cake.  He also wanted those sugar decorations that say "happy birthday" or whatever.  I did not know he wanted those on the lego cake.  I thought we were on the same page.  Clearly not.  He was in tears after I had frosted the cake and asked when we were going to decorate it.  I told him we just did.  So then the next morning I let him add sprinkles.  I think the cake is ugly.  He thought it was okay.  Whatever.  It tasted good!




More legos from Jacob and I.  He has loved building this fire engine so much he doesn't even want to go to preschool.  He just wants to play all day.







It took a couple of tries to get the candles all blown out.  But he loved doing it.  He also loved having a "5" candle.  That's the one thing I did do right, I guess.



Nora and her brothers.  I seriously can't get enough of how she lights up when these boys talk to her.  It's the cutest thing.  They love her and she loves them for sure!



I also had to add this one.  Nora loves to suck on cloth of all kinds.  She sucks on the burp clothes, her taggy blanket, she pulls up her dresses and shirts and sucks on them, and all the toys that have any fabric in them at all.  She loves this monkey and the little 'book' with the crinkly page.  And if she isn't sucking fabric she's sucking her fingers.  She drools like crazy too.  Maybe she'll get teeth early like Isaac did.

Happy Birthday Isaac.  We love you and are so glad you are in our family.

No comments: