Sunday, March 21, 2010

Just Catchin' Up

Yesterday I was shopping with my friend Lori and she mentioned I hadn't updated my blog in a while. And she is right. But here is why...there isn't much to say. I'm pretty boring these days.

I typically get home from work and am so exhausted I sleep. Now, I'm not generally a napper, but these days I nap a lot. Then, I usually continue lying around and watching TV because I still don't have much energy. It's how I role lately.

Seriously, I've been watching a lot of TV. I've picked up shows I haven't watched in ages (American Idol) and I'm watching re-runs of long lost favorites (Veronica Mars). And I'm a little sad that Burn Notice and Psych had their finales recently. I'll miss them. But I am pretty excited to be welcoming back Glee and Fringe. I'm also pleased for Cycle 14 of America's Next Top Model. I know, I'm ridiculous. It really is all I do lately. So much so that things from Veronica Mars, Psych and NCIS have started infiltrating my dreams. That's when I know it's time to lay off a little.

In other news, Jacob and I had a really enjoyable St. Patrick's Day, with no pictures to prove it! We went with some friends of ours from the ward to participate in their St. Paddy's day tradition of picking out awful green clothing at Saver's for your spouse and then wearing said awful clothing out to dinner. Apparently Jacob and I were pretty kind to each other. We bought some nasty green jackets...but nothing compared to the amazing lime green pants our friend's husband bought for her. They were awesome! We then went to dinner at Famous Dave's BBQ where I proceeded to eat too much and make myself sick for the rest of the night.

That's the other thing about me these days, if I eat too much I am going to pay for it. And not just for an hour or two, more like still painfully full when I wake up in the middle of the night. It's bad. You would think I would learn. And I'm pretty sure after the Famous Dave's experience I have. NO MORE OVEREATING.

I have continued celebrating the random calendar holidays though. Well, sort of. On Johnny Appleseed day, Jacob bought applesauce. I ate some the next day. On the first day of spring (yesterday) I had enough energy in the morning to do some "spring cleaning." Mostly it was just cleaning but I'm calling it "spring cleaning" so I can say I did something for the first day of spring. On Girl Scout Day we debated getting some girl scout cookies or ice cream, but nothing sweet sounded good to me...so game over.

So there you have it. That's the lowdown for this Brunson family.

8 comments:

Emily said...

I was just thinking about how I miss your blog updates. Did I know you like Veronica Mars?!?! I'm still obsessed with that show. I totally agree about overeating- and it might've been right after Famous Dave's too hahaha. So what do you do with the green clothes after St Patrick's day? And I have a very good explanation for tiredness. . . !

Anonymous said...

Just step slowly away from the American Idol. Resist! Glad to hear you are doing well.

Mary Ann said...

Thanks for the update! Do you own Veronica Mars? If so, I am WAY jealous. Oh, and I wish I were as sleepy as you are... :)

MaryAnn said...

Naps are good. Take all the naps you can. I miss naps.

Lynda/Mom said...

There's probably a good explanation for watching so much TV, etc. Nonetheless, it's nice to hear from you, and I'm glad you haven't quit celebrating various and sundry special days. Aunt Lynda

Amber said...

Big fan of Burn Notice too, try White Collar it is pretty fun. Tired all the time and hungry? Are you hinting at something?

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I am ashamed to say that I currently am into American Idol. I thought I had had too much Idol and wouldn't fall for it this season, but I do like Ellen DeGeneres' comments. She is a funny lady and brings a lot to the Judge's bench (even if it is not anything musical). There are a couple of guys I like to listen to and a couple of girls that are pretty good too. So, now I look forward to Tuesday nights and am addicted.

scott said...

I too will miss Burn notice. I hate how they tv series these days/ Remember when they started in the fall and had all new episodes until the new year? Now they show like 5 episodes for a month and then go back to old stuff for a while then 5 more, etc. It seriously annoys me.