Monday, March 29, 2010

Pre-Easter

It has been the tradition for the past couple of years now to do a dinner for Easter with several of our friends in the area. We typically do a "re-Easter" and have dinner a week or so after actual Easter. Each year it's gotten a little bigger and better.

This year we broke tradition a little and had a "pre-Easter" dinner last night. It was a good time. We had a wonderful dinner complete with ham, deviled eggs, asparagus, green bean casserole, cheesy potatoes, rolls, spinach dip, and frog eye salad. SO much good food! (On a side note, I was pretty pleased that I didn't gorge myself totally...only moderately.) And for dessert we had two different trifles, lemon curd and orange curd. I tasted the Lemon one and it was delicious.

We also had an Easter egg hunt including eggs containing little trinkets to symbolize part of the Easter story of Christ's crucifixion and Resurrection and scriptures to go along with 'em. And of course, we had Easter candy. I ate a few jelly beans, robin's eggs, and sweet tart chicks, bunnies and ducks.

We then played a rousing game of Family Feud. I hate to admit that I was on the losing team...so sad. But still a fun time. (That's growth folks. I had fun even while losing.)

My only regret about the evening is that I didn't have my camera to capture a few good moments. (Perhaps the best was Lori eating a warhead for the first time. Priceless!)

Thanks to all who made the evening a smashing success! Here's to next year

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Sounds yummy - especially the spinach dip and frog eye salad. I could really go for some of that right now. Happy Easter!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

That sounds like a great tradition...with all those lovely spring time foods. I might have to coordinate a visit to Fort Collins with that Easter dinner next year....Spring Break in Colorado for 2011! Here we come.

scott said...

Sounds like fun, I love deviled eggs, I think I need to make some!