Friday, April 30, 2010

Happiness Is...

...A renewed love for the Indigo Girls. I was listening to them all day yesterday and today while driving to and from work and such. Their music made me happy. It also brought back a lot of good memories from my high school and early college years. "The Girls" fell out of graces with me for a while but sometimes you just need a little Swamp Ophelia or Rites of Passage to make you smile and sing along

...Enjoying a fresh strawberry milkshake while curling up on the couch to watch Fringe with my husband. There are several things about this that create some happiness. But maybe it was mostly the ability to enjoy ice cream again. The past three months I have NOT enjoyed sweet things, or much of any food really. Ice cream, I have missed you! Welcome back.


...Being debt free. I just made the final payment on my student loans. Well, technically, I just scheduled the final payment on my student loans. The actual transfer of money will take place on Monday. And then, no more debt. (Aside from a mortgage...)

...The prospect of a King Size Bed coming my way in the very near future. Our tax return came in today and we have some spare money from my pay check now that the loan is taken care of. And I have my eye on an upgrade in bed size. Sleeping in a queen isn't terrible, but I'm certain the extra space will be appreciated by both of us.


...Rolling into the month of May. I'm excited for spring to REALLY arrive. I know, technically it's here. But we had snow yesterday morning and it's pretty chilly today. I'm ready for outside parties and barbeque's. I'm ready for sun and shorts and thongs. (Not those kind of thongs, silly. I'm talking about what are now called flip flops. Sometimes I'm old school like that.) And I'm ready to plant things that will grow and give me veggies and flowers. I was getting excited as I was driving to work thinking about having some pots on my front porch this year and what I may put in them. Any suggestions? Bare in mind, I'm not a great gardener.


...Friday. 'Nough said.

8 comments:

scott said...

I am pretty sure we both lost our love for the Idigo Girls at the same time, I however have never forgiven them, I listen to their music sometimes. but it isn't the same. King size beds are a must in my book!

Mary Ann said...

That's definitely a lot to be happy about! I'm glad you're enjoying sweets again. Makes me want to have Scott make me a delicious fresh strawberry shake tonight. Yum!

Emily said...

Hooray! So glad you can eat ice cream again, CONGRATS on being debt free, I'm jealous of your new bed already, and haven't you heard of maternity thongs? ha ha ha ha.

Nicole said...

Wait, when did I miss that you were pregnant! I came on here the other day and saw the new poll and baby countdown and was figuring you were gonna announce it, but it sounds like you already have. How lame and I that I missed it?! Well, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you! I'm sure that you have lots of advice coming in from your sisters, etc. If you are interested in natural birth though and don't know anybody who has done that, I'm your girl. Yay, I'm happy for both of you! And yes, being able to eat something again that you loved so much is just wonderful isn't it?!

Kelli said...

Oh my goodness, I am so jealous of you. We're still more than $35,000 away from our last student loan payment. And hey, did you make a pregnancy announcement that I missed?How exciting!!!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I noticed the countdown the other day, and I thought...I guess that is how she is announcing the event on her blog. Silly, Happy, girl!

Unknown said...

Glad that you can enjoy ice cream again! That is one of those must haves in my book. And congrats on having your student loans paid off - doesn't it feel great?! And You will love the king size bed!

D. said...

King size all the way...I don't know how married people can sleep in a queen...crazy! I'd be surprised if pregnancy could deter me from eating sweet things...but not everyone has a sweet tooth like me.