Sunday, April 18, 2010

List

Things I should take pictures of, and maybe some day will...

1. The blue flowers that were a surprise to see in our front yard. (Neither of us lived in this house this early in the spring a year ago...we're finding new things all the time.)

2. The quilt I have been working on all weekend for my new nephew. Jacob and I are taking a road trip this coming weekend to visit family and meet little Maxwell (Jacob's sister's new baby.) The quilt turned out better than I had hoped. Or at least it will have turned out better than I hoped when I get the binding done :).

3. My sassy new hair cut. It's pretty short. And I love it. Bonus: it is a fast do that's NOT a ponytail.

4. Jacob's sleek new hair cut compliments of yours truly. (That's right. I cut Jacob's hair so we can afford my more spendy hair cuts.)

And as a bonus to the list, not something I could have taken a picture of, but something new just the same. I got a new calling today. I am now the beehive advisor. Wish me luck in this one!!! I'm just grateful I am with the girls who are eager to be in young women's and not the older gals. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.

6 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I can't wait to see your sassy haircut this weekend. Good luck with those Beehives!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Why haven't you taken pictures of all the above? Mom told me about your new calling, and I have to say for a calling in Young Women's that and Laurel Advisor were my favorite, and maybe Beehives are the best. You will love it, I am sure of it!

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Fun! You'll love the Beehives, as long as you keep away from the drama. I love my girls and I can't wait for them to be mia maids so I get to see them more often!

Nicole said...

Congrats! That is an exciting calling. I think you'll do a great job! Yes pictures please. You always look super cute with short hair so I'm sure it's great. Oh, and I totally found these beautiful blue flowers in my front yard too! It was a total surprise when I walked in from the front the other day! They are so cute!

MaryAnn said...

I too want to see the haircut - but I guess I can wait till this weekend. I'm sure you will love working with the Beehives and will do great!

Lilit said...

So I just noticed that you haven't posted any pictures since like beg. march... what's up with that?

I am the beehive's advisor in our ward and it is great!

do you still do your funny calendar celebration each day?