Saturday, June 12, 2010

Half Baked

Jacob and I went to my ultrasound this morning. I am officially at the half-way point. It was pretty fun seeing the baby, even though it was a little uncooperative for a nice view of it's face and profile. Don't get me wrong, we saw it's face but there just wasn't a really good picture opportunity. So we have pictures of feet and legs and arms. But the baby was less shy about letting us know it's gender.

We are pleased to announce we are having a BOY!

Jacob's sister had a boy in April so she was definitely rooting for a boy cousin. Especially since they are moving out here in a month. (We're very excited to have family close by!)

And my family is pretty ready for a boy after a string of six baby girls!

And Jacob was really wanting a boy. I'm not sure how he would have taken the news if it was a girl. I'm not sure how I would have either. I was pretty sure I wanted a boy too.

So now we have the task of choosing a name. It could be a struggle. I'm not sure how many boy names we can agree on. I'm sure we'll come up with something :)

14 comments:

The Proctors said...

Yeah! Boys are so much fun!

Mary Ann said...

Congrats! We're so excited for you guys! No matter what we have, I'm glad our baby will have a boy cousin to play baseball with. And Scott was totally right about you having a boy. He actually voted 4 times for a boy from every computer in his office. Yeah, he's a weirdy. :)

Lynda/Mom said...

Congratulations on your boy! I hope you have fun finding a name. Aunt Lynda

MaryAnn said...

Yeah for a boy coming at last! What fun you will have with Jacob's sister living close by - your boys will be best of friends I am sure! Congratulations again!

Sarah and AJ said...

Yeah! I remember AJ was so excited when he found out we were having a boy, then the next weekend we sat behind a little girl with pigtails at church, and he was like... wait a minute! My point is that either way it is great!

But I like little boy clothes best. :)

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Yay! John said he wasn't surprised because he'd called it from the day you told us you were expecting. Good luck with the names!

Barbara said...

I'm so happy for you!! Boy or girl would have been fine, but more boys in the Carter family is a good thing.

Strupp Family said...

YAY! So much for the ten girls, huh? :) That's ok, I ruined our little plan like 5 years ago anyway. Plus, I don't think I could handle ten boys, so...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm very excited for you. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy and delivery!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Well, I will try again to comment. Yes! A Boy! It is about time. As you say, it is Sammy end the string of girls. Too bad we won't be having like 5 more boys to balance things back out...Mary Ann and Scott will spool that with little Rachel. Oh well, we love the grils too!

Amber said...

Congratulations! I was kind of sad not to have girls until I realized how much easier boys are. NO bloomers, tights, accessories or hair to deal with on Sunday. Overall I would say less drama.

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

A baby boy is what I pictured, not that I have any super sense about these things. But I'm glad it feels right to you guys. AND I'm so glad that baby looks healthy. Carry on!

Kelli said...

That's awesome Sandy! My first was a boy and it was just great. Those males never are shy when it comes to their...manlihood...

Nicole said...

Congratulations! I thought you might be having a boy...not sure why, just did. The ultrasounds are so amazing. I'm sure that you will have another one and get to see more of your little guy...I only had one, but most people i know have had more. Congrats to both of you!

Leslie said...

Congrats! Boys are a lot of fun. Busy and destructive (you should see my house at the end of the day), but still a lot of fun.