Friday, August 27, 2010

An Overdue Update

I'm such a slacker. I think it's primarily because I have been busy but have also not felt like I've done much that is really postworthy...unless you count growing a baby. But I once promised not to make this blog all about my pregnancy. And I'm trying to stick to that~mostly.

So, a quick update about our past month.

Jacob and I have both been busy with our callings, he with the 11 year old scouts and me with the Beehives.

We have devoted some of our free time, but maybe not enough, to cleaning our garage. After a year of living here it was in need of a good overhaul. But I must confess, it is still not completely done. It's on the schedule for tonight though, so wish us luck.

We went to a rodeo. I've only been once before and while I did really enjoy it, I still find it slightly disturbing. They claim to be very animal friendly, but I saw one calf that didn't seem too okay after he was roped. And the injuries in the bronco and bull riding! Yikes. I always feel a little badly when things are more exciting because some one is getting hurt. It's the same with hockey...but I digress.

Jacob and I have both also recently been studying. Nope, neither of us are in school. We just love learning that much! Okay...maybe not totally true. I'm working on preparing for my LCSW license test as it is one of the big "to do's" before this baby arrives. And Jacob has been brushing up on his mad engineering skills for possible future job opportunities. That is also why we procured this snazzy get up and Jacob enjoyed a "day off" from his regular employment to interview with a different company.

Wish us luck! He really wants the job. And I want him to be happy. Plus...doesn't he clean up well?!? I think so.

And of course, I have been getting bigger. I think about 50% of our ward still doesn't really know I'm pregnant. And no one ever suspects that I have just 9 weeks left. But there is one person who is keenly aware of that fact.


That person is me. Can you sense my anxiety?! I feel so unprepared for this kids arrival.

And just 'cuz, here's a tomato.


We grew four different varieties this year. This is my personal favorite. They are an heirloom tomato called "black krim" and they are tasty! Funny looking buggers though.

11 comments:

Mary Ann said...

You and Jacob look super cute! But that tomato is super ugly!

MaryAnn said...

I'm glad you posted - it's nice to hear from you. Hopefully Jacob will get the job. Those 9 weeks will go fast so you better get ready. And that tomato is funny looking although I'm sure it is tasty.

Sarah and AJ said...

Wow, Sandy. I can see why people wouldn't think you are that far along. You look amazing!

Strupp Family said...

First of all, I like it when it's a pregnancy blog :) Second, I wouldn't know you were pregnant either! And you're 31 weeks!? Whatever. Why don't you gain a little weight so you don't make the rest of us look bad. Amazing. Third, you're tomato looks a little like a rear end :) It is pretty funny looking. Good luck with the garage! I miss you!

Lynda/Mom said...

So nice to hear from you again. I'm glad you are just very busy. I am also pricked in my conscience as I should have been cleaning my garage today. It would be awesome if we could get two cars in before the snow flies. My neighbor grew back tomatoes--she shared, and David wouldn't eat them. Good luck with all your projects and job hunt. Aunt Lynda

Unknown said...

Sandy, you look great for only having 9 weeks left! And trust me, you never get fully ready for your kids arrival! :)

'Good Luck' to Jacob! Hopefully he gets the job!

Kelli said...

Yeah, you totally look, maybe, 6 months along? Good job. You'll never really feel ready for having a kid, even after he's born. :) Just have your stuff ready because maybe you won't have the full 9 weeks... :)

Harmony said...

One, is it a fun little secret to keep your baby secret from your ward?? What would a therapist say about that! haha Two, I do not want to eat that tomato, even if you say it's yummy. sorry! Three, back to being pregnant, you look GREAT! Have fun being pregnant because (and you may think I'm a little crazy for saying this but,) you might just miss it later on.

Amber said...

Nice to hear from you, glad everything is going well.

Nelka said...

You look super cute, and if I didn't know, I wouldn't suspect you only had 9 weeks left.
Good luck with the garage cleaning. I still have a bunch of boxes I need to go through in my new garage, and I don't know when I'll ever get through them all.

The Davies Family said...

Seriously Sandy..I agree with Kim on the weight thing...could you gain just a little?
You look FABULOUS!!!
Congrats to you on your upcoming arrival! You'll be fine!