Sunday, October 3, 2010

4 Weeks to Go, Yo!

So, the reason I haven't blogged much lately is my sad broken computer. My laptop bit the dust and we haven't replaced it. I'm not sure we will. I can use our desk top computer I just don't much. I mean, it's all the way in the basement after all! I do also use Jacob's really old macbook, but it is extremely slow. I guess I also haven't bothered to blog much because putting pictures on these two computers isn't terribly convenient.

So, this post will be pictureless, even though a plethora of pictures have been taken.

Enough with the disclaimers. Here are things I would have blogged about if I were more diligent:

1. Our child birth class. Yep, we attended one. I was more scared by the video of the epidural than the child birthing process. I might change my mind when the pain of it all is more real, but right now the fear of that needle and possible side effects is pretty real. Jacob did not care for any of the videos. But I do think we learned some good things to help us prepare and endure birth. Here's hoping!

2. Jacob's new job. Jacob got that job he interviewed for a month ago. He is now a proud employee of Pelco. He will be working on security cameras and systems. If you want more information than that, it is best just to ask him. It's a language I don't speak so well. But, the fun part of all this for me was that Jacob had to use up his vacation from HP so I took a couple of days off too. We worked on the baby's room and spent a day in Boulder. It was fun. I recommend the Celestial Seasonings tour. It was a good one.

3. My baby shower. I had a baby shower last weekend. It went really well. I was somewhat nervous about combining friends from work, church, and my old singles ward. It could have been really awkward, but it turned out to be just fine. Not uncomfortable in the least. The food was amazing! My friends, a co-worker, and my sister-in-law put in a lot of work. And I appreciated it.

4. The progress on the baby's room. (It's pretty cute folks). Jacob and I put up chair rail. I made curtains. I also made a couple of different art projects. I just need to find a good, used dresser to make cute in the room, make a crib skirt, and do one more project to hang on the wall. I'm not going to worry too much about any of these things until after the baby comes.

5. My ever increasing girth. People are finally starting to notice I am pregnant and not just getting fatter. I guess with only 4 weeks to go it is about time! Did you notice the tracker over on the side bar? 27 days!?! I'm not sure I'm totally ready for this boy to make his appearance but I certainly am excited to meet him and see what he will look like.

In other news, I have two weeks left at my job until I begin my maternity leave. I'm extremely excited about that. I don't expect to go back to work but wanted to be able to use up the remainder of my vacation days and what my employer calls "extended leave bank." In order to use my ELB I have to go on official medical leave. After getting all my benefits paid out I will then give my notice I guess.

I guess that really is all the news from my neck of the woods.

7 comments:

Emily said...

I'd been wondering about you! Sounds like a busy month. I can't wait to see pictures of your baby's room (and your baby of course)! Glad to hear about Jacob's new job and that you're almost on maternity leave. Also glad I didn't see any of those childbirth videos.

Lynda/Mom said...

I can totally relate to the computer and downloading problems, and I'm glad someone of the younger generation has a little in common with me in the techno arena. Don't worry about anything!! This baby will make an appearance in spite of all your concerns, and you will likely find them groundless and useless when it's all said and done--and easier said than done! Congrats on the new job. Good to hear from you. Aunt Lynda

MaryAnn said...

Load some pictures cause I want to see what your baby's room looks like. It's good to hear from you!

Sarah and AJ said...

Yeah! Thanks for the update. Just remember that you don't watch your own epidural! I'm glad I don't even know what that looks like. But it was heaven, as mine went smoothly.

Unknown said...

Sorry about your computer, that is terrible! But I too cannot wait to see your pictures from your baby's room, everything else! Hope this next month flies by for your sake! :)

Kelli said...

I hoped for no epidural but gave in after a day of labor...my advice? It's worth it, but just don't look. If you don't look and think about something else it's done and you feel soooooo much better. And no, I can't believe you have such little time left already!! I can't wait to see a picture of your nursery and your belly! Good luck!!

Mary Ann said...

Thanks for the update! I just can't wait to see pictures of you and the baby's room. Maybe downloading them could be Jacob's job. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the less I see or know about the epidural, the better.