Monday, July 19, 2010

It's Alive!

After several weeks of failed attempts, Jacob felt the baby move today.

I've been feeling movement since about week 20 but feeling from the outside is a different story. I suppose that strength of kicking is a little less common than the more subtle movements I can sense from the inside. Pair that with the fact that every time Jacob would try to feel the kicks, the baby would suddenly stop moving, and it's no wonder it's taken Jacob a little longer.

But tonight was success!

And I still think it's a weird feeling. But I also really love it. Mostly for the reassurance that things are normal and on track. Have I mentioned before that I am prone to worry?!?

5 comments:

Emily said...

:) Awesome! Ansley would always stop moving when I'd call Tyrone to tell him to feel her. I'm so excited for you to meet your baby!

Mary Ann said...

That's awesome! I've been able to feel some movement for a week or so. I can't wait for the baby to kick Scott. :)

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Yeah, coordinating the movement of baby with day feeling it always was quite the feat. I'm glad it worked and Jacob has now felt little Sammy give as good punch.

Nelka said...

Sandy, that's great. Congrats! It has been a while since I've gotten online to do anything more than check my e-mail, so I'm a little behind the times, but I just wanted to say hello and "woo-hoo!"

Kelli said...

I think that's the only real reason babies kick around in there at all; just to reassure us fearful mothers. Glad he got to feel it! My kids did the same thing with Allen. Maybe it's just the calming effect the mens' voices are, so the babies stop when Dad is near. ???