Friday, August 12, 2011

Breaking News

Today I left my baby in the capable hands of Jacob and then his lovely sister, Sarah and headed to Denver to take my clinical social work exam.

And I am pleased to report I passed. So I will now officially be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker!

At least for the next two years.

Colorado recently changed licensing requirements to include continuing education. And while I am totally on board with requiring continuing education I am less certain that I will be able to continue education as a stay at home mom. Which means my license will probably not be renewed. I plan on looking into the requirements a little bit more to see if I can keep it current. You never know when you may need or want to do some work on the side...

But mostly I'm pretty happy with my current gig. Still, yeah me!

5 comments:

Strupp Family said...

If it's anything like dental hygiene--it will be much easier to do CE than to redo boards when you want to get licensed again. Just saying, I use my license and only fill in for some people, but I love having it. And I had to go the long route of retaking boards to get licensed. It wasn't that bad, just a pain. :) Congrats!

Emily said...

Congrats on passing!! :)

I'm worried about the same thing with my CE's, especially since some of them must be meeting credits and all of those expenses are out of our shallow pockets. I have some friends who are licensed social workers and they are able to do some of their credits for free online. I can ask them, if you want. . . .

MaryAnn said...

Yeah you is right. So did you get Isaac all weaned before the big day?

Jason&Shannon said...

Congrats and I am sure you are glad to have that stress over. Way to go!

Mary Ann said...

Yay! Congrats!!! Welcome to LCSW-dom! Here in Utah, I have to get 40 CEU's every 2 years, and it's really not hard to do. It ends up being about 3 full-day trainings a year. And I've already taken Hannah to 2 of them. Motherhood is definitely the best gig, but part-time work is a pretty good gig too.