Sunday, August 28, 2011

One Month Older and Wiser Too

Can it really be that in two months I will have a one year old!?! That is just plain crazy to me.

Isaac officially became ten months old and I am sad to report that I was not having one of my better mothering days. So there are no photos from the exact day but I snapped a few today to make up for it.

The reason behind my frustration: sleep. Or lack thereof.

Isaac is having difficulty with his afternoon nap but I can't really believe he is ready for just one nap a day. Yesterday I tried again at 2 pm to put him down and he cried. And then he screamed. And I got frustrated. Any suggestions for a 10 month old who sleeps mostly great (1.5 hours usually) for his morning nap and then refuses to sleep in the afternoon? The past two days have ended in me feeding him at about 3:30 and him falling asleep while nursing or shortly after in his crib. But then he only sleeps for a half hour and wakes pretty grumpy still. I could try waking him after an hour into his first nap hoping he is more tired in the afternoon or I could try one napping it. But I really don't love either of those options. So...any help would be lovely.

Now that that is out of the way, on to all the good things about this cute 10 month old. Or at least a list of ten.

1.He loves music. He dances and grins whenever I turn any kind of music on. And he usually wants me to pick him up and dance with him. And I usually do because he is adorable.

2. He is sleeping through the night pretty consistently. He will wake some nights and cry for a few minutes and then go back to sleep. And the nights he actually needs some parental intervention are few and far between. I'm sleeping so well too.

3. He is becoming a curly blond boy. It's so cute! Mostly he has curls after his bath or when his head gets sweaty and then when his hair dries it's back to straight. Except one spot. He has one curl that stays right behind his ear. I think it's because he naps on that side. See if you can spot it in the pictures that follow. Seriously so cute!

4. He is still the most happy baby you have met. He smiles at everyone and is laughing a lot more regularly. I love that.

5. I swear his eyes get brighter by the day. Such a bright, clear blue.

6. He is learning so much, so fast. He signs "more" and can stack his stacking cups. He also waves, sometimes. He still loves to read and turn the pages.

7. He points at everything non-stop. When he wakes up and I pick him up out of his crib he points at the door or his toys like he is ready to go.

8. Isaac loves other kids. He "chats" with the other babies his age at church. Today he was sharing his crackers with the 10 month old in the pew in front of us. Then they were holding hands. It was pretty cute. He loves kids of all ages though. He smiles and "talks" to any kid at the stores. He especially loves his cousin, Maxwell. Isaac just needs to learn a little more about being gentle with other children. He is a little grabby and tend to bite. Hmmm....

9. He is getting somewhat more brave about taking steps. He is cruising all along walls and furniture and will now walk holding just one hand. But he is a little hesitant to take any on his own. Sometimes I can trick him into it but not often.

10. Isaac loves to be outside. He likes grabbing leaves and grass. He likes his stroller rides most of the time but prefers when he can get down and crawl. He likes the park and especially swinging.

I sure like seeing him grow and learn. But I can't believe how big he seems already. It evokes mixed emotions in me. I miss my little tiny baby but I am so excited to see the boy he will become. I know one thing for certain, I love this 10 month old cutie!

I couldn't decide which pictures to post so I posted a bunch.

















Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

See the curl, see the shoes, see the overalls, see one cute nephew!!! I can't believe how big he is either. Aubrey keeps wanting to watch videos of her as a baby lately. It makes me sad every time I do. Enjoy that baby boy.

BRANDON AND NICOLE said...

He's getting so cute! Love your new blog design and family photo!

Lynda/Mom said...

Naps: all babies are different and there isn't any one formula that is right for all of them. Two naps a day would have been heaven--none of my kids did that as they approached year one. That said, he's a cutie all right! Lucky parents--if he's usually good natured and charming, what more could you want? Aunt Lynda

MaryAnn said...

I agree with Aunt Lynda - two naps a day would have been heaven - none of my kids ever took two naps a day and I am usually just glad to get one solid nap in. He is a cute boy. Enjoy this age - 1 is probably one of most favorite ages. It is so fun to watch them grow and learn and change so quickly!

Barbara said...

He is definitely a cutie!!

Strupp Family said...

Wow, he is getting big. I think it's time for another baby :) Transitioning between naps is hard--try one by keeping him up until 11:30 or noon, but not every day at first. Like every other day switch between one nap and two. That's how I did it. But sometimes my kids just go through phases where they don't take good naps for a week, then they're back to their regular schedule. Crazy kids. Good luck!! He's SOOO sweet.

Emily said...

What a smart little boy! I love that he loves music and dancing and socializing with other kids. Love the curls and blue eyes. Ansley didn't actually start taking one decent nap (ie more than twenty minutes) until around ten months. I agree with Lynda and MaryAnn. :)

Mary Ann said...

Adorable! I LOVE the curl behind his ear. Too cute! Can't wait to see him in person. It will be fun to see him and Hannah interact.