Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Chitter Chatter



Isaac is quite the little chatter box. He always has been really. But lately his chatter is becoming a little more recognizable as actual words. I wanted to take a minute and document, for my own sake, his ever-growing vocabulary at 13 months:

1st word: Dog -weird since we don't have one but whatever. He would mimic the book "Go dogs. Go!" and then began to say dog when he would see them on the street or from the window of the library overlooking the dog park.

Words he says all the time: Hi, bye-bye, Dada, Yah (for yes)

Words he says regularly but not daily: Mama (still primarily when he's crying, so maybe he is saying that all the time these days. Stupid cold on top of 4 molars coming in...), bath, and baby

Words I've heard a few times: Amen and cheese (super recent and didn't know what it was until he was saying it and holding the bag of cheese at church the other day)

And today I swear he said some version of Thank You. A lady at the store said something about him being really cute and I said "can you say thank you?" And he did. At least we both thought it sounded like it.

I was walking the mall with him today and he was in the stroller smiling and saying "Hi" really loudly to everyone we passed. He's such a social baby.

He also really likes talking on the phone. He prefers talking to someone but still will pick up any toy phone or anything that looks slightly like a phone and jabber away.

This really is a fun age!

4 comments:

Strupp Family said...

CUTE. I love this age, too. And you wouldn't think it, but it does get more and more fun as they get older (to a certain point...) or maybe not more fun, just different fun because they're in new stages. It's really great to watch them learn and grow. I think you SHOULD have another! Soon :)

Emily said...

SO cute!!!

MaryAnn said...

I love 1 - it is maybe my favorite age that I have encountered so far. I might have another one if they came out 1 instead of newborn. Your kid is so opposite of mine. Emily hides her head and will not even look at people she does not know.

Lynda/Mom said...

Glad you are enjoying your little one; watching the developmental stages is fascinating, I think. And little social babies are fun for everyone. Thanks for sharing. Aunt Lynda