Monday, January 16, 2012

Martin Luther King Jr Day

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King Jr.


I saw this image on Facebook today. It triggered something in me. I loved it.

I did a report on Martin Luther King Jr in elementary school. I've always admired him. I hope that we are working towards becoming a country where his dream is a reality. I hope I am working on that. I hope every day I can become a little better at seeing others for the content of their character and not their outward appearance. Seeing others as the children of God we all are.

So, Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day to you all!

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

I like that. Thanks for sharing.

Jason&Shannon said...

That is worth sharing, thanks. However, when I saw your post I thought you would show me some pictures of some creative way you and your family celebrated. Do you remember when you and Jacob were celebrating odd holidays from some calendar? That was fun. Did you at least make cupcakes?