Sunday, January 8, 2012

Welcome 2012, Randomness, and Jacob's Birthday

So, after being sick since Christmas an regrouping after Jacob's family left, we opted for a very "low key" New Years celebration. Our little family ate dinner by candlelight. Isaac thought it was interesting but seemed to have a hard time actually eating. Maybe he was just too distracted by the candles.
After dinner we played with Isaac and then gave him a bath as per our usual Saturday night routine. Once he was in bed the real partying began. Jacob and I spent the remainder of the night cuddled in bed watching tv shows on Hulu. That is until I fell asleep. I had two little naps before midnight. Jacob went downstairs to let me sleep and joined me at midnight. Happy New year!
Yeah, I'm getting old...
Funny note though. I was making a toast at dinner with our sparkling juice and Isaac lifted his banana to participate in the toast. It was awesome. Banana is his favorite thing to eat and favorite word to say. It started out as bada and evolved to ba-da-da. And now it's just manana. Cute.

This is Isaac helping us take down the Christmas lights. He now sees the camera come out and says "cheese."

He also climbs the chairs and tries to reach for anything on the table. That is why my living room is currently full of kitchen chairs. I don't like spending my day pulling him away from things he shouldn't be in to. But this particular day Jacob had left the chair by the table and had left a goldmine waiting to be discovered.



Yeah, he was pretty pleased with himself.

We also celebrated Jacob's Birthday this weekend. We had pizza and a few friends over for games. It was a fun night. We're just sad not everyone could make it to help celebrate.

And we ate cake of course. I made chocolate cake and peanut butter frosting. The cake was just from a mix, nothing special. But the frosting. I'd eat it off a spoon. In fact, I have been with the leftovers...I'm only slightly embarrassed to admit it. It is seriously amazing. It's a Barefoot Contessa recipe. Yum!




So Happy Birthday to Jacob! He's pretty much the best thing ever. Even better than that frosting.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

I am not a big cupcake eater, but I do think I will have to try that frosting on some cake one day. Maybe on a brownie? Would that be good? I love the cheesy grin picture of Isaac, and that he is wearing a jacket in the middle of winter. Gotta love these warm winter days.

Sarah and AJ said...

Those look delicious, so clicked through to the recipe. Wow, you are dedicated. I can't handle that many ingredients. I am sad for myself.

MaryAnn said...

Better than Peanut Butter Forsting? That is saying alot!

Mary Ann said...

I love Isaac's "cheese" grin. And I love peanut butter and chocolate. Where can I get the recipe for that frosting? Oh, wait. You said it's a Barefoot Contessa recipe. Scott's in love with her, so I'm sure he'll find it for me. :)

Lynda/Mom said...

Just want you to know I enjoy keeping up with your family as I don't get to see you very often. Glad you are doing so well there in Colorado. Aunt Lynda

Janel said...

Those cupcakes look delicious. I may just have to try to make them some day soon. :) And I see nothing wrong with how you celebrated the New Year. Jon and I were visiting my fam in Texas and we just barely made it to midnight, when we lit off sparklers and wished one another a happy New Year.