Friday, March 22, 2013

Moments of Motherhood Goodness

I've been having kind of a hard week.  Just feeling a little blah in general and more specifically feeling pretty less successful at this whole mom gig.  I'm sure many of you can relate to that.  Some days, or weeks, are just like that.

But there are moments of goodness even through the feelings of failure.

Today I have been more on the lookout for those moments, or maybe I'm getting out of my funk in general and can just appreciate these little ones for who they are.  And just so I can always remember I'm going to share a couple of my moments.

The new church magazines arrived yesterday.  While Ben was playing happily in his exersaucer I called Isaac over to me to check out his new magazine.  We sat for several minutes looking at the pictures of the Temples and talking about them.  It was one of those times when Isaac wanted my arm around him and I love that.  It was good.

And just now I was able to enjoy some time with just Ben and I while Isaac and Jacob were running a little errand.  I went to his room to feed him a bottle and rock him.  I cracked the curtains so I could watch the snow fall.  It was a moment of peaceful bliss.  Ben fell asleep while eating and I just got to rock him and snuggle him and enjoy his cute little head resting on my shoulder.  Love that!

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Thanks for sharing. I love those little moments that mean so much.