Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter 2013

Our Easter was pretty simple this year.  And it was really nice.

Saturday we dyed eggs.  Only 7 though.  And, sadly, I didn't boil them quite long enough so they were pretty  inedible.  I really like deviled eggs so it was a little bit of a bummer.  Perhaps I'll have to boil some and make deviled eggs on a random day of the week.

Isaac got a kick out of dying them though.

 

And Ben looked on, all smiles. I think he already wishes he could do everything his older brother could.  He watches Isaac with such intensity and admiration and is quick to smile at his big brother.
 
 
 

He was so proud of his colored eggs.

We have church early on Sunday so there was no egg hunting early at our house.  Isaac got two new cars and a chocolate bunny in his basket from his parents before church and then we hunted eggs when we got home.  It was a little chaotic because I was also trying to get dinner going and take care of a screaming Ben. I don't know what was up with him but Ben had a meltdown about 15 minutes before church ended and continued to scream until we got home and gave him a bottle.  He had eaten not all that long ago so I didn't try that sooner but maybe he is growth spurting or something...who knows.  He hasn't done it since Sunday, thankfully.
 
 
 
 

Isaac loved finding the eggs and eating a little bit of candy too.  We didn't fill the eggs very full so as to keep the sugar binge to a minimum.

Ben played with his Easter basket.  He got a new book from Jacob and I, no candy.  Sorry baby.
 

But who needs candy when you've got a bucket to chew on anyway?

We read some of the Easter scriptures on Saturday night and talked about Jesus and the Resurrection.  In nursery they talked about the Resurrection too and made a cute little tomb with a stone that rolled away and a  figure of Jesus that can leave the tomb.  Isaac played with that all day and talked about the Resurrection.  It was sweet.  I'm sure he doesn't get it at all but someday he will and I hope he knows how grateful I am for all Jesus did for us so we can live together as a family forever.  I love my boys!

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Looks like a fun Easter. We really need to get Hannah and Isaac together sometime soon so that they can cook together and form some kind of awesome band. :)

Jason&Shannon said...

Your Easter looks fun and nice. I miss having really little kids around sometimes, but then I guess there are big pluses of having all big kids too. I love the picture of Ben sucking on his bucket...too cute.