Sunday, January 12, 2014

A New Year

I have a few more pictures from the rest of our days in Utah.  It was a lot of fun watching these two cousins play together.  They actually payed quite well.


Sharing with Brinton, on the other hand, was a little more difficult.  Poor Brinton, he put up with a lot from Isaac.  I also love the little cutie in his stomping boots.


And big blue eyed Ben!  What a cutie.


The day after Christmas we headed up to Salt Lake to see the lights on Temple square and to check out the new shopping area.  I was not on my best behavior.  I was totally grumpy (I think the lack of sleep was catching up with me) and I apologize to all my family that felt the wrath of my grumpiness.  Poor Isaac, he usually gets the majority of it.  I'm working on being more even tempered but I do struggle...


The new shopping area is enormous.  I can't say that I'd really ever shop there but it was pretty and the fountain was really cool.  I didn't see it, but Jacob said during one of the water shows there was fire too.  He and Isaac liked that.



Though you can't see it from these pictures, Temple square was super crowded.  So much so that I had a hard time enjoying it (oh yeah, and I was grumpy).  We didn't have much time either because we were supposed to be at a wedding reception for one of Jacob's cousins up in Kaysville.  It was a brief stop.  And Ben was hungry and hated being in the stroller all bundled up so he mostly just cried the whole time.  Not cool.


And then we drove home to Colorado.  The drive home went smoothly and after a few rough nights kids were back on schedule and everyone was happy.  It was a good trip and fun to see both sides of the family.

We enjoyed a fun and fairly relaxing New Years.  We made cheese fondue (though I don't know what I'm doing.  I read a few recipes and tried but it was not very smooth.  It tasted good though.  Anyone have a good recipe or tips for making a good alcohol free fondue?), little smokies, and a cheese ball with crackers.  We had homemade french bread, broccoli, and carrots to dip in the fondue.  We drank our sparkling cider out of fancy glasses and showed Isaac how to clink them together to say cheers to the New Year.  He thought it all was awesome.  He especially liked eating by candle light.  I remember loving that as a kid too.  He thought he had partied hard.





We also called Grandmas and Grandpas and popped some of those confetti popper fireworks.  They are playing with the confetti in these pictures.



Isaac was super excited about staying up all night.  But he was also super excited about blowing out the candles from dinner.  So when I told him he could only blow out the candles if he was ready for bed he said okay.  So he made it all the way to 7:30 before calling it a night.  And that was about his normal bed time.  I wasn't complaining.

The other day we had pizza and rootbeer.  After Jacob and I were done with the bottles we let the boys play around with them.  Jacob even put a little water in them for the boys to sip.  It's funny to see this pictures and wonder what they are actually drinking though.  They sure thought they were cool.




I really love the wiping of the mouth with the coat sleeve.


Isaac started Sunbeams last Sunday.  Can't believe this little handsome one is in primary already.  I think he likes it but sometimes he tells me he'd like to be back in nursery.  I think he can't decide.



Yep, that's more like the Isaac I know and love.  Tongue out and ready for mischief.

Jacob built this car ramp for the boys.  They think it's a slide more than for the cars.  Whatever.  It keeps them happy for about 1/2 hour and I'll take it.



And that's our January thus far...oh wait, I still have pictures on the camera from Jacob's Birthday last week.  I guess there's more blogging to be done.  And maybe I'll share some thoughts from a lesson I taught recently...kind of addresses my take on New Years resolutions for this year.  If your interested in that stuff you'll have to come back another day!

5 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

That last picture is quite humorous. Isaac looks so much older with his hair styled and parted, very handsome. I love it! Sorry you were grumpy. Happens to the best of us when on vacation. YES, I am interested in your thoughts from your lesson about New Years' Resolutions, please share.

MaryAnn said...

Love the pictures where you are boozing up your kids! Classic! Sorry we missed you at Christmas time - I just couldn't do that drive again. Guess we will probably see you in the summer!

Mary Ann said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas and New Years. It was fun to see you all. I'm so glad that Hannah and Isaac were able to play together. I love that picture of them. And I love that last picture of your boys on the "slide." Funny!

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Yes, love the pictures of Isaac all gussied up. You can see the heart throb he'll be come Jr. High! And the drinking out of bottles pictures couldn't be more perfect. So funny!

BRANDON AND NICOLE said...

Happy New Year! We went to that mall by Temple Square this year again, too-should have made a date, but I thought you weren't going to be in Utah?? That's so nice you can drive there...you are very, very lucky.

Can't believe Isaac is in Primary now-looks so cute and grown up!

Those pictures with your boys drinking from the bottles are hilarious.