Monday, January 27, 2014

Some Thoughts From My Monday

Motivating Isaac to get and stay potty trained might just kill me.  It's breaking me down a little more every day.  He is in an awful backslide that seems to be getting worse.  We are mostly in pull ups and I feel defeated.

If Isaac's potty behavior doesn't kill me, Ben's scream certainly will

I just demonstrated the running man for Isaac...to a country song.  Which I suppose is better than to the "Wee Sing Best Hits" we've been rocking at our house for the past several days.

Ben's teeth really need to come in.  Or he needs to learn to sleep through them.

Boys sitting in the organ room watching the snow fall are cute.  Really cute.

Tantrums over a banana breaking a little can last for almost an hour?  Really?

Jacob coming home for lunch every day has never been more appreciated.

I can't wait to snuggle up in bed and watch Sherlock with Jacob tonight.

How many times have I said "you need a tissue" or wiped a snotty nose today?

Isaac playing relatively peacefully with Joanna this morning while we had presidency meeting was wonderful.  I think I may have actually contributed something to the meeting.

******I guess the day was just gearing up for being awakened at 1 am to Isaac throwing up.  Glad that day is over.  On to day two of whiny sick kiddos.


5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I can relate to several of these random thoughts. I would love to see you do the running man. :) I hope your boys are on the mend!

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

I love it, Sandy. Not all the messy, hard, whiny stuff you're going through, but how true it is that during the hard stuff we're choosing to do, we also choose to notice the cute and to appreciate the people who love and support us. I hope they get through the sickness quickly and you can have some more peaceful days. Ah, those tantrums that last hours--what an emotional roller coaster for everyone!

Strupp Family said...

These bring great mental pictures :) All of them are so true. Motherhood is...great? :) Good luck with the sick kids and your sanity!!

Jason&Shannon said...

That is a all too accurate picture of motherhood with young children. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

BRANDON AND NICOLE said...

:) :( At least you have Sherlock to brighten your day! ;)