Monday, May 19, 2014

Differences

I wanted to write this little example of how Isaac and Ben are different before I forget it.

This morning Ben wanted to play with pony beads.  I let him have a few in a zip top back and gave him a muffin tin.  He carefully put a few in the tin at a time and then back in the bag and so forth.  I noticed one time he had lost track of one of the beads and was diligently searching the kitchen floor to find the missing one.  This went on for 20 minutes or so before he was tired and ready to move on to his next activity.

Then it was Isaac's turn with the same set up.  I had moved the muffin tin into the living room.  Isaac dumped all the beads into the muffin tin with them spilling out onto the carpet.  He then grabbed all the beads in his hand and and dropping them on the floor.  Shortly thereafter he stuck one up his nose.  Game over.  5 minutes of chaos and done.

That sums up these boys pretty well.  And I love them both with all their differences.

2 comments:

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

I love that you make note of these things when they are so clear. When Ben is Isaac's age it will be fun to look back and see if things have changed or stayed the same. Before I had Rhys I couldn't picture a baby boy of mine different from Hugh. But then Rhys came and he is his own fresh person to love. As you say, we love them both!

Jason&Shannon said...

You'd almost think, just based on their ages, that the reverse would have been true. That Isaac....he's a character!