Saturday, May 31, 2014

Long Weekend

Oh man did I love our Memorial Day weekend!  Sort of.  I started a pretty miserable cold midweek last week and have just barely fully recovered.  It's a bit ridiculous.  It was just a cold but man did it take the energy right out of me.  And then I lost my voice...blah.  No fun.  But by Monday I was feeling over it.  So even though my body was still sick I was done taking it easy.

Saturday, we did a little grilling for dinner.  And we had the kids outside playing for some time.  Ben was killing us in this new hat of his so we had to take some pictures.  And by we I mean Jacob.  Pretty sure I was in the house lying down while said cuteness was captured.




See that play structure behind these cuties?  That was our Monday project.  Monday we replaced the top two boards of that ladder and several of the boards on the platform.  It's now all sanded and ready to be stained as soon as we can get a few days without any rain.  Should be a fun addition for our backyard.


Jacob has also been working on taking the boards of our garden apart because the boards were rotting away.  Apparently he was getting a little bit of help from Ben too.


Ben thinks he is big enough to ride the tricycles we have.  He's not really.  But he sat on this thing for a good long time.  At least as long as Isaac would allow it.  



They did sit peacefully for a few photos.  Pretty adorable.  I love the picture above.  I think Ben is saying "ruff."  He must have heard a neighbor's dog.  I just think these boys couldn't be any cuter.  Sometimes I'm sad they are growing so fast but sometimes I enjoy the changes that come with age.  I can't believe Ben is going into nursery in a couple weeks.  And Isaac will be 4 before you know it.  Crazy!!!



Ben just loves Isaac.  Even when Isaac is behaving in a less lovable way.  And Isaac really loves Ben too.  They ask for each other often.  I love how Ben says Isaac, "Zaza."  It evolved.  He used to say "Isssah" but it's pretty consistently "Zaza" now.  



We also enjoyed our first Popsicles of the season.  And for Ben, his first Popsicle ever.  It clearly had to be documented.




For the record, he loved it.  He ate that Popsicle in it's entirety.  And boy were both boys a mess when they were done. Nothing a bath can't fix.


I also really loved that these boys were red, white and blue, just like the Popsicles.  Happy Memorial day and bring on summer!  We are ready.

3 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

Oh! Such cute pictures of your kids. They are getting so big. I can't believe I have never met Ben and he is that big already. Sad, but that will be remedied soon, even it for just one day.

scott said...

I love the Zaza too cute. I can't wait to find out what funny things Maelie will say. I am glad to hear that you and Shannon's family will be able to see each other. I though I heard that Shannon was going to miss you guys.

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

Each photo a keeper! I am amazed at how long it takes for me to get over a cold--too long! And it makes me feel like I'm getting old, not in a good way. Oh well. I'm glad you we were well enough to accomplish some good work and play over the holiday weekend.