Thursday, July 31, 2014

Kids at the Beach

We went to the Beach!  And I took a million photos.  None of them were fantastic of the kids because they were so busy running away from me.  It was hard to get a good face shot.  What can ya do?

Unlike the anniversary trip we had super sunny and hot weather for this trip.  We went on the hottest day of the whole two weeks, which was good because the coast is always a little cooler than the Grandparent's house.  I think both of my boys would have stayed all day, maybe all two weeks at the beach.  The absolutely loved it.  They took a little time to warm up to the waves and getting into the water but I was able to get in the water with them and Isaac got up to his armpits and I had to pull Ben up so he didn't get covered by the waves.  I wish I could have captured those moments on film but the camera was back under the umbrella.  

Turns out I'm a little uptight.  Who knew?  :)  I love the idea of the beach and then I realized there was sand in EVERY THING.  I'm not sure why I didn't quite realize how much that would bother me.  The boys were covered in it, down to their underwear, ew.  We were eating food covered in sand.  Ugh...  If we lived closer to the ocean I'd have to learn to lighten up for sure.  

We really did all have a great time.  We stopped at one or two of the candy shops to pick up some homemade fudge for Jacob's parents and salt water taffy for the rest of us.  Isaac and Ben sure love the salt water taffy!  It was a day well spent. 
































3 comments:

Jason&Shannon said...

Those are exactly the reasons why us mothers on our cruise were less inclined to do a beach day...sand! I have a friend who claims to have never noticed sand in her food at the beach. I think she lies. However, having a beach loving husband has helped me to lighten up...but I prefer beach trips with a house on the beach with an outdoor shower so all that sand can be washed off before anyone steps inside the house!

D. said...

Ah...the sand is bad. I enjoyed your pictures and posts about Oregon. I need to go back. I miss it. It really is beautiful and looks like you had a great time! Brinton wants to see the ocean, so we're thinking of going to California for fall break. I'm sure he would live digging in the sand.

Jason&Shannon said...

Loooks fun - all of your photos/posts from you Oregon trip are great. You guys sure had a busy two weeks and you are way better at taking pictures of things then I am!