Sunday, October 5, 2014

A Little Bit of Sweetness

Oh Isaac.  Sometimes he and I have such a hard time and then sometimes I just never want him to get any older than he is right now.  I guess that's the way with kids.

Yesterday we were having an extended conversation about gospel things after he had asked me about the song "Seek the Lord Early" that they had sung in the primary program.  He was curious what it meant to seek the Lord and how you do that.  So I was sharing a little about reading the scriptures and a recent scripture I had read about having hope for the future because of Christ.  I explained that it was a good reminder from Heavenly Father to me to be hopeful about me being a good parent and that he and Ben would grow up to do good things.  Then he wanted to know what were some good things he could do as he got older.  I turned the question to him and asked what he thought he could do.  He said read the scriptures and pray alone, go to Priesthood session, and stay dry.  I told him I hoped he'd serve a mission and get married to a good woman in the temple.

His response "What if I don't want to get married."

"Why wouldn't you want to get married?"

"Because I want to keep you."

I explained that I will always be his mother, that we are sealed together.

He then asked if I would go wherever he went.  I laughed a little and told him I would visit him wherever he was.

He then said "What if I marry you?  Then I could keep you!  And we could have children."

So sweet.  He wants to keep me.

I love the logic of an almost 4 year old.

2 comments:

Amanda, Curtis, Ellis, Hugh, Rhys, Graham, Sylvia said...

"I want to keep you." I can't imagine it expressed better. I'm so glad you shared this. A conversation to cherish with insights from your son that confirm your hope.

Mary Ann said...

Isaac is adorable. Hannah alternates between wanting to marry me and wanting to marry Scott. :)