Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Ugh...Another Overdue Catchup Photo Overload.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get back on my blogging game.  It seems months go by and pictures accumulate and then I dump...


So, enjoy this bombarding of photos:


We had a super rainy August.  I loved it.  It was pleasantly cool almost every afternoon.  We had windows open and weren't running our air conditioner.  It was nice.

And of course, who doesn't love playing in the cool summer rain?









Isaac made this cool drum kit the other day.  Pretty awesome jam session in this house!


We've been making a lot of paper airplanes lately.  These little helicopters were my favorite.  Easy to make and fly great.  We made a ton and then the boys would drop them from the upstairs hallway and it was a rainbow of helicopter fun.



Random, I know.  But Jacob and I recently purchased new appliances.  Dishwasher and fridge to be exact.  And now we match the microwave we had to replace several months ago.  The only thing out of place now is the oven.  But it works and I can't justify replacing it just to match.  Soon though...we'll save a little more.



Ben LOVES his blankets and bear. I was laying on this chair and he came and tucked me in with his stuff.  Then he wanted a rest too.



We've also done a little dressing up.  Winter boots and helmets are always a winner.  So are cowboy hat and new hand made vest.




I've been trying to give each boy about 30 minutes of one on one time with me (some days are more successful than others...) and this particular day Isaac wanted to race his little car through obstacles in our dining room.  Good times.



These boys have been loving some warmer afternoons to play in the sand.  They've used it all up this summer and now all the toys are packed away for the winter.  (It's my policy to only buy one bag of sand a year.  It gets "used up" by mixing in with all the pine needles and such as it spills out the sides while they play.)


This Isaac just looks so grown up to me!  Can you believe he's almost 4?  I can not.  Man he is handsome.


And Ben is learning more words and talking more every day.  My recent favorites: "Oh dee" (for oh dear), "Nana" (for Banana of course, which, by the way, he suddenly LOVES.  We get very excited shouts of Nana at our house.), "Zazee" (for Isaac), "my do!" (constantly), "my turn!" (almost as often as my do," and "my self."  Can you tell he is getting more independent?  He does not like having things don for him.  He also plays this really fun game with me that I don't think I can accurately describe.  He says "Mama" with the cutest little inflections and tones to which I respond "Benjamin" and so it goes.  Over and over.  Sometimes the names change, sometimes not.  He is adorable at this stage.



Look at the evidence of said adorableness!



We still enjoy our afternoons of bikes and trikes and scootering.


But sometimes you just need a little rest sitting next to "Mama!"



I loved that Isaac was riding his tricycle while sitting on the top foot step.  Notice how he isn't in the seat at all.  Silly boy.


And then he needed a rest too.  So sweaty from the helmet!  He was either trying to be like Ben or trying to avoid looking at the camera...I can't tell.

That's about what we've been up to these past few weeks.  Just soaking in the last bit of summer and gearing up for some awesome fall weather and festivities!  LOVE IT!

No comments: