Monday, December 15, 2014

December Happenings

We've stayed busy this December getting things ready to go for the Christmas festivities later this month.  We made some ornaments from pine cones we collected on our trip to Oregon this past summer.



We made easy fudge and did the rocky road variety.  Should be delicious.  Well, clearly the bowl licking was already delicious.



There was some fort building.  I was happy to lay in the fort and read to the boys as long as their attention would allow (Isaac indefinitely, Ben 2 minutes).


Isaac also pretended to be asleep for as long as he could keep his body still (30 seconds).


Of course we spent some time decorating the house and tree too.







We recently upgraded trees from the little one Jacob had when we were dating and then first married to this tree from Costco.  We put it up and couldn't get over how big it was.  Things look a lot smaller in the Costco warehouse!  But, we knew we wanted a big tree because we have such high ceilings.  I'm loving it.  What I'm not loving as much is trying to keep the boys from touching the tree.  But, so it goes.  I do want to look for some things post Christmas, like garland of some sort, that we will save for next year.  I'm just trying to decide what I might like.  I don't think I'm a huge fan of ribbon but it seems like there isn't a ton of options.  Maybe I'm not looking in the right places.  Any suggestions?


And I have more pictures of other fun preparations to come!

1 comment:

BRANDON AND NICOLE said...

So cute Sandy! The kids and the tree! Try looking on Etsy for garland ideas.