Saturday, December 20, 2014

Cute Things

Oh man.  I love Christmas time with little kids.  Mine are especially fun this year.

The other night Isaac prayed that we would have a good Christmas, which I thought was cute.  And then he proceeded to ask Heavenly Father to help Santa come to our house.  Followed by "I'm Isaac, that's Ben and Mommy and Daddy.  Please tell Santa.  He's at the north pole."  Jacob and I were laughing pretty hard and then after Isaac closed the prayer he said "that was a good prayer huh?"  Yes, Isaac, yes it was.

Today after baths, the boys were playing a little bit with their towels.  Then Isaac said he wanted to be Mary as he put his towel over his head.  Ben said he would be Joseph.  Isaac mentioned needing a donkey.  We found a blanket to use as our donkey.  I told Ben he could ride the donkey and he said "No, Joseph.  Pull, donkey."  Of course his Joseph is far less clear than that but I can't quite remember how he said it and how to spell that to make you understand is even more out of the question.  But rest assured, it was adorable.  We proceeded to act things out with a stuffed elephant to act as a baby Jesus, Isaac agreed he'd rather be a Shepherd, I was Mary, and Jacob a wise man.  Then we had to scramble the roles and do it all again.  Fun boys.

We were delivering neighbor treats and one of our neighbors, also in our ward, was wearing a Santa hat as he just had gotten home from work.  He's an assistant principal at one of the elementary schools here and I'm sure he was dressed up for their last day of school before the break.  Ben stopped in his tracks and looked at Ryan and said "Santa."  Ryan and I both laughed because Ben was frozen in place with a look of awe about him.  Then Ryan and I began discussing what must be so convincing about his Santa outfit.  He suggested it was his belly, which is truly not nearly as big as Santa's.  I suggested it was the beard he is growing.  Ben just looked at us both and said "No. Hat."  Super funny,

Oh what fun!

No comments: