Thursday, January 15, 2015

Cute Boys

I have a couple of cute stories to share.  No photos.

Before Christmas I was helping Isaac with some water coloring.  He had mixed colors in the paints so I was showing him that if you take a dry paper towel you can soak up all the other colors and are left with the color you want to paint with.  He thought that was awesome.  So awesome in fact that he said "Mom, you are a super hero!  A super hero of wisdom!  You saved my rainbow!"  I just laughed. But inside I knew he was right.  I am a super hero.  :)

Isaac has been wanting to give hugs to Ben at night before Ben and Ben is usually less willing.  We don't force it but try and remind Isaac that Ben might be concerned he's going to to hurt him since half the time when Isaac and Ben are playing or "hugging" Ben ends up tackled or otherwise less happy.  So the other morning it was really adorable to see Ben run up to Isaac and throw his little hands around him from behind and say "love you Isaac!"  Isaac just walked off without saying anything.  I slowed him down and told him he had been waiting for this moment for a long time and said that Ben just gave him a hug and told him he loved him.  Isaac said "oh I didn't know that" and quickly turned around to give Ben a big hug in return.  And Ben let him.  It was adorable.  Really adorable.  I love those moments.

And speaking of Ben saying "I love you" that's totally new.  He said it to me for the first time a week ago when I put him down for his nap.  I told him to have a good nap and he that I loved him and he looked and me and smiled and said "love mommy too."  He waved and then even took a nap.  That was a good day.

Isaac is getting to be a lot more helpful and kind.  I'm really appreciating seeing that side of him more frequently.  I have to believe that's who he really is at the core.  He is sweet and kind and caring and is letting that show more.  He tells me thank you more often and I love you more often and shows kindness to his friends by sharing even his most favorite toys.  I think he's even getting more empathetic.  We've been working on that and I was so pleased to see that today.  He stopped his play and saw a friend was looking sad or hurt.  He asked very sincerely if the friend was okay and tried to help him.  Being a mom is hard.  It's nice to see some of it paying off once and a while.

Challenges and all, I sure love being a mom and especially being a mom to these adorable little boys.

No comments: