Thursday, August 18, 2016

Bills visit and other summer fun

We were so happy to have our friends, the Bills family, stay with us.  They were able to stay one night as they were passing through on their way back home.  I sure miss that family and those cute kids.  It was such fun getting everyone together to say hello for the night.


The kiddos cooperated for a few pictures.
Shaylee Bills, Joanna Van Shaar, Katlyn Carroll, Jayson, Joyal, Amy Joyal, (can't remember his name), Matthew Van Shaar
Isaac Brunson, Sydney Bills, Kelsey Bills, Dallin Joyal, Ethan Carroll


And then Ben joined in just in time for silly photos.



Just some random playing with the pirate ship.  I just thought they were so cute.




I know this is a terrible picture but it describes my life pretty well.  There always seems to be one kid or another grabbing onto me, needing something.  I was thinking today about how in not too many years I'll be eating lunch without kids around because they'll all be at school.  I got a little sad.  I'm sure I'll miss this stage of life and I'm grateful for little moments like today that help me remember to enjoy it while I can.  Though sometimes I'm just surviving it, not enjoying it.  And I think that's probably okay too.

More summer theme week fun.  We had water week and I let the kids sidewalk paint.








And while they painted I practiced some photography on flowers.  I'm not so good at this kind of thing.



And I realized one night that I didn't have a really good photo of messy, pasta-faced, Nora.  Every baby needs a photo like this, right?


No comments: