Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Year In Review

My last appointment of the day just cancelled so I am going to blog instead.

I saw this on facebook and thought it could be kind of fun.

YEAR IN REVIEW:

JANUARY 2008
1. Who did you kiss on new years? Maybe my little nephews or my mom.

2. Did you have a new year's resolution this year? I had a few. I'm not sure I really accomplished them but I think I did accomplish a lot in 2008. I graduated, got a job, all that good stuff.

3. Does it snow where you live? Yeah, but not enough lately. It's no Utah.

4. Do you like hot chocolate? I enjoy a cup or two a year. But not much more than that.

5. Have you ever been to Times Square to watch the ball drop? No, and I probably wouldn't go during New Years. I have been at other times and it was crazy busy enough.

6. Do you ski or snowboard? Only cross country occasionally. Downhill scares me.

FEBRUARY 2008
1. Who was your Valentine? I did not have one

2. When you were little did you buy Valentine's for the whole class? oh yes! Valentines day was fun as a kid.

3. Do you care if the groundhog sees its shadow or not? Not really. I think it's a bunch of hooey.

4. What did you get for valentines? I don't think I got anything. Actually, maybe I got something from one of my roommates at the time.
MARCH 2008
1. Are you Irish? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

2. Do you wear green every year on St. Patrick's Day? I sure do. Even if I dont' really "wear" green I always have my green eyes as back-up.

3. What did you do for St. Patty's Day in 2008? I think I was at my internship and that was about it.

4. Are you happy when winter is pretty much over? I enjoy winter. But I like the changing of all seasons. So yeah, I am happy.

APRIL 2008
1. Do you like the rain? Yes, except if I have to drive in it. I may be weird but I would rather drive in the snow than the rain.

2. Did you play an April fool's joke on anyone this year? I wanted to so badly. A friend of mine said he would call my dad and pretend to ask permission to marry me. He woosed out.

3. Do you get tons of candy on Easter? As a kid we had a pretty good sized amount. I really enjoy the Cadbury mini eggs and I think I ate a little of those. But mostly I was trying to scale back on the sugar. I think I'm always "trying" to scale back on the sugar.

4. Do you celebrate 4/20? I'm a substance abuse counselor. I don't think that would go over well.

MAY 2008
1. What is your favorite flower? Iris's and daisies. But I wouldn't turn my nose up at any others. I like flowers.

(I deleted the stupid middle two questions)

2. Is May anything special to you? I graduated in May and went on a good trip to New York. I also started my new job. So it was a decent month this past year.

JUNE 2008
1. What did you do for Fathers Day? I talked with my dad and went to church.

2. Did you do anything fun during this month? I'm not sure there was anything really memorable...maybe some outdoor fun like picnics, biking, volleyball and the sort.

3. Have a favorite baseball team? I'd have to say the Red Sox if I was forced to pick. But that's just because Scott likes them.

JULY 2008
1. What did you do on the 4th of July? Oh man! I love the 4th of July. I was at the Carter reunion and I ran a 5 k, went to a parade, had a barbeque, and watched fireworks.

2. Did you go to the fireworks? I watched the Stadium of Fire display from a hill by my Aunt's house.

3. Do you tan in the day? I don't lay out to get tan if that is what this question is suggesting.

AUGUST 2008
1. Did you do anything fun to end the summer? I'd say I ended the summer well. I started dating Jacob in August. And I enjoyed the Olympics.

2. What was your favorite memory of summer? Hmmm...The Carter reunion and any of the picnics and barbeques with friends. And, beginning to date Jacob.

3. Did you have a sunburn? Not really anything substantial. Some though

4. Did you go to the pool a lot? Nope. I don't have a pool. And I don't like swimsuits.

SEPTEMBER 2008
1. Were you attending school? No, I had finished my Master's!

2. Do you like fall better than summer? Heck yes! I love the fall.

3. Anything special about September to you? It was a fun month. I enjoyed going to Rocky Mountain and I think Elich's was in September. Or at least the very end of August.

OCTOBER 2008
1. What was your last Halloween costume? I didn't dress up.
2. What is your favorite candy? There are a lot of favorite candies. Depends on the mood. Right now I would say Reeses Peices. Those sound pretty good.

3. What is your favorite thing about this month? Watching the leaves change and driving in the mountains.

NOVEMBER 2008
1. Whose house do you go to for Thanksgiving? I went home to Utah.

2. What is your favorite thing about November? I love Thanksgiving and jacket and sweater weather.

DECEMBER 2008
1. Do you celebrate Christmas? Absolutely I do!

2. What are you thankful for? I am most thankful for family, friends, and the gospel.

3. Get anything special last year? I got homemmade slippers and the best new game ever! Anyone up for challenging me in the Office trivia game?


Where did you begin 2008? I began the year in my house, in FoCo, with two cats.


Did you move anywhere? I moved from one house to another one about a few miles away.


What concerts/shows did you go to? I don't think I went to many this year. Certainly none I had to buy tickets for. Oh wait, one I had to buy a ticket for.


Describe your birthday: I went do dinner with Jacob, Heather and Lori and then we played games and ate cake at Lori's house. It was perfection.


What was your best month? I'm going to go with July and August, with May as a very close second.


Do you have a New Year's resolution? I have about four. I would like to increase the consistency and effectiveness of my personal scripture study, I want to be more healthy, and I would like to increase my knowledge of current events.


Overall, how would you rate this year? This year has been pretty fantastic. I have surprised myself with how much I have accomplished and how many changes I've made. I am happy.

5 comments:

MaryAnn said...

That's a pretty long list. I may have to copy it to my blog - I need something to blog about.

Harmony said...

I always think these things are good. If nothing else, it helps you to look back over the year and remember the blessings you've received, which sadly are sometimes easy to forget. I hope 2009 is just as, if not more so, exciting and fulfilling :)

Strupp Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Strupp Family said...

Hehe--that was my deleted post :) Some things you say and then decide it sounds stupid. So, I really like that you post this "year in review", it makes me feel like I know what's going on in your life! Hope all is well with work!

Austin's Mommy said...

You're so much fun!