Friday, July 24, 2009

The Weekend

I thought I would take a little break from the honeymoon recap and just say how excited I am for the weekend. I'll make a list of why I am most excited...a top 5 if you will.

5. The house is already clean and the yard work is done. I may get to take it a little easy this Saturday. YES!

4. We are having a house warming party tonight and I am excited to see who may show up. I'm also excited to eat all the yummy treats and snacks we have made.

3. I'm a little excited to go to our stake party on Saturday night. Last year Jacob and I went but we weren't even dating then. I remember I was becoming interested in him and was a little jealous when he sat by another girl during the little performance part of the evening. Funny little memory...

2. I'm looking forward to our 3rd week in our new ward. It's really strange not being in a singles ward anymore. I'm finding the adjustment a little difficult. I don't think there are many people in our ward that are our age. And those that are close to our age already have children...like maybe 5 of them... It's weird, but good.

1. And most importantly, I am ready for a break from work. We are moving offices and it seems like I am in the middle of so much drama that I really just don't want to be part of. And I am so not looking forward to returning to work on Monday to a new building, a new shared office with a new supervisor. It's just not great. But I'm sure I will deal with it...

So,
BRING ON THE WEEKEND!
I am ready.

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

It was a little weird going to a family ward. And, like you, everyone our age had 4 or 5 kids. I think most people thought we were a lot younger then we are due to the fact that we were newlyweds. Have a good weekend! I remember the days when the weekend meant a break in routine - not so much anymore. I take care of kids during the week and I take care of kids on the weekend. Kind of makes it loose it's thrill.

Emily said...

Ooh I'd love to see your house! Too bad we live so far away. Totally agree on the ward thing. I'm 99% sure the people that don't know me (and majority of the people that do know me) think I'm 21 b/c I only have a baby. . . . Happy weekend!

Lynda/Mom said...

I finally got your wedding remembrance in the mail, so let me know when you get it just because I don't trust the USPS and I would be relieved to know it actually made it to your mailbox. Have a great weekend! Aunt Lynda