Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Welcome Back

I came back to work to find my office decorated like this...


There were signs of similar fashion all over my office.

I really enjoy my co-workers. I also very much enjoyed the reminders of the name change because, let's be honest, it's hard to get used to. And the signature...oh my does it need some help. I typically start signing Carter and then realize that isn't my name anymore so then I become one of those people who signs the full name; first, middle, and last.

And, I uploaded a few pictures from the honeymoon that were on my little camera. The rest will have to come later as they are still on the other camera.

Enjoy!

Jacob and I watching fireworks over the Willamett river in downtown Portland. No Stadium of Fire, but still a really good show.

Me on the train ride from Seattle to Portland. It was definitely a highlight of the trip. I felt like Harry Potter on the Hogwarts Express.

Jacob waiting for the train.

Seattle, Pikes Market. The fish throwers are right behind me in the photo. They were pretty entertaining.

Jacob outside Pikes Market.

Jacob and I on our morning bike ride on through a park and along the coast in Victoria. I highly recommend biking in Victoria.

Jacob and the coast on that same bike ride. Victoria was beautiful.

And, finally, I couldn't resist including a picture of the treats Jacob packed along for the Honeymoon. John and Megan also gave us a bag of treats for part of their gift to us so we were totally stocked up. Thanks guys! And thanks to Jacob for buying some of my very favorites including teddy grahams, reeses pieces and dove dark chocolate. And I wondered why I felt like I wasn't going to fit into my dress for the open house in Oregon...hmmmm....interesting.

3 comments:

Lynda/Mom said...

Good job, Sandy! It should only take you a few years to get used to your new last name. I kept the first initial of my maiden name in my signature, and that seemed to help. Looks like you had a great time. Aunt Lynda

MaryAnn said...

It took me a long time to get use to the name change as well - sometimes it still sounds weird to me. Looks like a fun honeymoon in a pretty location. I need to go to Pike's market.

Mary Ann said...

Great pics! It makes me really want to go to Victoria. You'll get used to your new name soon enough. I was glad that I got to keep my same initials. I think it made it easier.