Tuesday, August 25, 2009

3 New Things

New Thing #1


Jacob's sister, Rachel, painted us a lovely painting for a wedding gift and we finally got a chance to hang it. We picked it up in Utah at the same time we got the organ. It is a very nice painting and I love it even more now that it is hung on our wall. I may have to change my ideas about painting the walls in the house though. The colors I had originally planned won't look all that great with the painting. Or with the rest of the stuff hanging in our house actually. So, back to the drawing board with that.

New Thing #2

I realized I never posted a picture of the organ all set up...so, without further ado...the organ.



It was well worth the trip and hassle to get it here. I like the way it looks and have had a lot of fun messing around on it. Who knows, maybe I'll become a proficient organist. (Most of you are laughing if you know my musical abilities at all. They are slim, folks. Very slim.)

New Thing #3

I cut my hair. Pretty soon after the wedding I told Jacob it was going to go. I don't really do long hair. It doesn't look good on me and it really just end up in a ponytail everyday...not good! So, as it usually works, I cut my hair somewhat unexpectedly last Friday. I find that is my pattern. I'll think about cutting my hair for weeks and then one random day I will just have enough of it and have to get it cut that very day. Welcome to last Friday.

Trouble is, I am on a budget now and an expensive hair cut wasn't accounted for. So I did something crazy, extreme measures really. After debating about going to a great clips or something like that I ended up at the hair school close to my house. I paid $9.00 for this cut. I also paid about two hours of my life since she was a student and had to be closely monitored by the teacher. But I am mostly happy with it. It's not the best cut I've ever had, but it's certainly not the worst. Can't say I'd take the risk again though.


6 comments:

Kelli said...

Well at least your hair looks good! I gave in and went to one of those hair schools in provo before my wedding...big mistake. And ended up paying another $125 on top of that one to fix it! Love the painting and organ-wish they were mine, though I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to play the organ...oh well.

Mary Ann said...

The painting looks really nice. And so does the organ. It makes me think how much Scott needs a piano. You are brave to get a $9 haircut. Thank goodness it looks good!

MaryAnn said...

I went to Bon Losee while I was in Utah a few weeks ago. I got highlights and a haircut and it was only $30. Super cheap, but it took 3 hours and basically the instructor ended up cutting my hair, which I was okay with because I knew it would look okay. Be thankful you did not go to Great Clips. I took Megan to Great Clips yesterday - all I wanted was a bob, straight across, no layers. I spent most of yesterday looking at it thinking that it did not look very even and then I spent one hour today using my rudimentary (sp?) hair cutting skills to try and fix it. I will not be going to Great Clips ever again.

Kathy said...

Super cute hair cut!

Dennis Carter said...

Congrats! You just went 3 for 3!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Nice hair, but the first picutre (of your haircut) is very strange.