Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Trip to Utah and Back

Here is my attempt at a photo journal of our recent trip to Utah to pick up the organ Jacob's parents brought from Oregon when we were married. So...with as little explanation as possible, let the journey begin!

I tried to take a photo to represent the most exciting thing of almost each hour...




Love the Little America 50 cent Ice Cream Cones!!!



We were so excited about our stop to Ikea! We have been waiting to see if they had a dresser we liked. And they did! And then...

the disappointment set in when they were out of stock in the color we wanted.


But no worries, we found plenty to buy and this was the view after Ikea and picking up the organ.



Sunday morning was time enjoyed with Megan and Lauren.




This is my Mom reading an article in the Sunday paper about the health care crisis and ranting about Obama.


And back home we go...


After having to stop in Park City to retie the tarps down, (They came totally untied. It wasn't good.) this was my job. Watch the organ and make sure all was well.



A quick stop for more rope to secure the tarps better and decrease the flapping.



Yes indeed, my lip gloss collection from my purse was the most exciting thing of this hour. I came to the conclusion that I should wear it more often.


Hungry for some "real" food.


And by this point it became too dark to take pictures. But the most exciting thing after this was arriving home and unloading the organ. It was a challenge but we had good help from former ward members. Thanks for all the help! And thanks to my family for a fun, albeit, short trip! Hopefully we will see you all in November.

6 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Those are some fun pictures. It wsa good to see you - even if it was only for a short time.

Emily said...

Awesome! So who plays the organ?

Mary Ann said...

Wow, I had no idea your trip was so adventuresome. :)

scott said...

Wow you took a ton of pictures for such a short trip! You should have mentioned that we didn't play Rook, your picture is a little deceiving

D. said...

The Rook picture was deceiving. I was going to say, though, that I have that same "amazemint" lip gloss and I love it! Wear it most of all my lip glosses. Good stuff. Did you know it's made with crest???

Merilee said...

Wow, what a fantastic photo journey! I enjoyed it immensely. I often want to do picture journeys like that, but don't have the patience for it.

I love that flower painting! And also, I love the haircut..hair school or no, it looks great!