Friday, August 28, 2009

A List of Two

I love a good list.

And I love Jacob.

And Wednesday marked our second month of marriage. So to honor that, and him a little, I give you my list of two things I have learned to be grateful for in the past two months (though there are many more).

2. I am grateful Jacob is a good listener. Because, let's face it, I am a talker. He even mostly listens to me at night when he is tired and suddenly I am wide awake. It's this weird phenomena. I will be soooo tired and as soon as we have said goodnight and the lights go out, suddenly I couldn't be more awake. But, back to the point. Jacob tries to understand all my weirdness and I appreciate it.

1. I am grateful Jacob is patient. Turns out I am pretty moody and can get upset pretty quickly. (I say that like it's a big surprise...but it really isn't. Maybe just to Jacob). But he has been very patient and allows me the space to pout and think things out before discussing them even though it is terribly frustrating for him. And I appreciate that too.

And as bonus...I appreciate his desire to surprise me despite my amazing ability to solve a mystery and see through the cover story. I pretty well figure out his surprise before he would like. Keep trying Jacob! I like them even when I am not as surprised as you hope.

And before you leave me comments about how silly I am to post about celebrating 2 months...trust me I know how silly it is. But I'm doing it anyway!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Also find time to celebrate!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Don't think it is silly, but do fine it amazing. Has it been that long since your wedding? Wow!

Grammyzanne said...

Time has flown and nothing silly about your list. You found a good man.

Mary Ann said...

Scott often tells me that you and I are alike, and this post definitely supports that. Thank goodness for patient husbands!