Monday, June 21, 2010

Likes and dislikes of the day

Dislikes:

1. Being hot. I used to be the girl who would wear jackets in the air conditioning of the summer and rarely use the air conditioner in my car. Not so much any more. I am hot all the time. And summer is only starting!

2. Allergies. While mine aren't terribly bad, I still dislike them.

3. Waking up for work. So I slept in and went in a little later than normal.

Likes:

1. The Fourth of July. I put up some decorations today and intend to keep them up the full month of July. Love it!

2. Sourdough pancakes. Today we ate them with peaches on top. Pretty tasty.

3. Feeling the baby move. I've finally been able to distinguish baby movement from all the other rumblings down there. I guess it's been about a week that I've actually felt him. And I like that reassurance that he's still alive and kickin'. Weird and amazing all at the same time!

10 comments:

Nicole said...

I always think of you on the 4th of July! I may need that recipe or mix that you use for the sourdough pancakes. Sounds yummy. Feeling the baby move is absolutely how you describe. Weird, but amazing. Hopefully this summer doesn't make you too miserable!

MaryAnn said...

It is weird and amazing to feel that other person move inside you. And I agree about being hot. I think pregnancy changes you forever because I used to always be cold and now I am always hot. I don't like it.

Mary Ann said...

I've been extra cold since becoming pregnant, but I'm sure that will end soon. I agree that allergies stink! Taking Benadryl at night just doesn't cut it for me. I'm so excited that you can feel your baby move! Fun!!

Barbara said...

I hear your 4th celebration includes a trip out here? Looking forward to seeing you.

Emily said...

I love this post. :)

I was always hot when I was pregnant too.

I always think of you around the fourth!

Hooray for babies!! Have you picked a name?

Kelli said...

Sourdough pancakes? I didn't know there was sucha thing. Hmm. I've luckily had both my kids in the winter months, and I'm dying with it being above 68 in the house. I sure hope I never have to go through the last few months of pregnancy in the summer. But yeah, having them do little kicks and somersaults in there is strangly the most exciting part!

jacob said...

I like sourdough pancakes!

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Our decorations have been up since May and will stay up all summer long...that is just how much we love the 4th and all the decorations that come with...we feel ok with memorial day and labor day sharing the 4th decor.

Harmony said...

K, so I've been out of the blog-o-sphere for months (self-inflicted) and I just decided it's time to start it up again. Surprise, surprise I've missed so much! I had no idea you were preggers! Congrats!! Being a mom is such a fun pain in the butt! You'll love it! I think I've almost met my exclamation point quota so I'll just end this with a...HOORAY!!!!

Lynda/Mom said...

I guess we are all different. My allergies went away, pretty much, when I was pregnant. Sounds like you are doing well. I envy you the sourdough pancakes--lots of work but so worth it! Aunt Lynda