Friday, October 22, 2010

A Week of No Work

So last Friday I walked away from my office, and I guess my career in general, for good. Or at least for an extended hiatus. People keep asking how it is not working and I think maybe it hasn't really sunk in that this is permanent. It still feels like a vacation.

But I must admit, I'm pretty good with the idea of not ever going back. I have really enjoyed myself this week!

I have slept in and napped most days, which is awesome. I have made myself busy cleaning my house and making some food to put in the freezer for after this baby comes (which is hopefully soon). And I have also done some shopping. Not a lot of purchasing, but I have enjoyed the looking.

I have one more week before my official due date. And hopefully I'll have a baby, but if not I think I will enjoy another week to do whatever I want to do!

5 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Enjoy the time to yourself - you might not have that again for a LONG time!

Mary Ann said...

While I hope your baby comes soon, I'm also sure you could use an extra week of relaxation and productivity.

Grammyzanne said...

You are so smart to freeze some meals for later. Enjoy this respite between work for money and work for love.

Nicole said...

Yay Sandy! I am so excited for you! Enjoy your last week or so that you have to yourself. Do something you've been wanting to do that you might not be able to do when you have the baby. Just enjoy and try to be patient cause it MAY be longer that your due date...hopefully not though. These babes like it in there! ;) Good luck my friend! I can't wait for the announcement that you've had your little guy!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I like that you are again available to talk to on the phone. You are wise to think of good productive uses for your time before it is all devoted to the time warp/drainer called a newborn.